SIXTEEN ◆ Fairy Law

CHAPTER 16 FAIRY LAW

◆ ◇ ◇

◇ ◆ ◇

◇ ◆ ◇

AS JUNO FACED OFF AGAINST MASTER JOSE, something inside her seemed to shatter, a feeling of sadness and grief weighing down on her shoulders. She knew something must've happened to the guild, she only hoped people weren't hurt or worse.

The room they were in began to shake and explosions echoed outside. Debris fell from the ceiling and it made Juno smile a bit. She knew it could only be one person causing it all, and his name was Natsu Dragneel.

"My, what an unruly dragon you have." Jose drawled.

"He may be unruly, but he's also an extremely powerful wizard." Juno said in Natsu's defense, the glitter around her hands shifting and changing to mimic Natsu's fire dragon flames. "In fact, I'd say he's just as strong as me, if not stronger."

"Heh. There's no need to be so modest, Juno. Your magic is just as spectacular as Salamander's. You're the first wizard who's ever been able to last this long against me in battle." Jose told her as he lifted one of his hands. "Truth be told, we'd be more equally matched in power if you hadn't cast your terrain spell earlier today."

"Like I said, it's my friends who give me my strength and power, it has nothing to do with me."

"You know what really irks me about Fairy Tail?"

"How well we can hold our liquor compared to you?" 

Jose ignored her snarky remark and continued. "The fact that there are so many powerful wizards like yourself who are aligned with Makarov. Doesn't it get tiring living in his shadow?" He said before flicking his finger at the blonde, the force of a seemingly invisible spell sending her crashing into the wall behind her.

"Since you of all people can't be tempted to join Phantom, there's only one way to change that." Jose said as small dark magic orbs began to accumulate at his finger tips. The magic fired off like bullets towards Juno, but she propelled herself into the air with her glitter. "Kill you!" 

He fired off more magic shots as Juno touched the ground and began swiftly evading them, drawing the fire away from Mira and the others while doing so. "That'll send the old coot into a deep despair. Imagine how he'll feel when he awakens to find his dear guild hall destroyed and his 'children' dead and gone."

"Be quiet!" Juno hissed, his words clearly having their intended affect on her. However, Jose didn't listen.

"He'd be lost. Completely consumed by sorrow. Once he's been reduced to that miserable state, I can swoop in and kill him, but first I'll make him suffer." Juno was shaking in anger now, her glitter thrashing around awaiting the command to strike. "I'll torture him until he has no choice but to wither and die."