THIRTEEN ◇ A Trip to Blue Pegasus

CHAPTER 13 ◇ A TRIP TO BLUE PEGASUS

◆ ◇ ◇

◇ ◆ ◇

◇ ◆ ◇

— POTENTIALLY DELETE THIS PART —

JUNO'S HEAD REALLY HURT, but she figured she deserved it as she'd never known Porlyusica to do anything without reason. However, Juno was growing tired of the broom whacking going on and finally stopped resisting the urge to duck and dodge a few of the healer's attempts to hit her. But it unfortunately didn't stop the ranting, raving, and overall scolding.

"Were you even thinking? I swear you're just like that old fool!" The pink-haired woman shouted, sounding rightfully exasperated. Juno flinched at the sharp tone, her blue eyes narrowed on the broom Porlyusica held firmly in hand whilst she paced. 

"Miss Porlyusica, the alternative—" Juno said in an attempt to defend her choice, but the healer wasn't having it.

"Wouldn't have put your life in danger and you probably would've been able to find another way to save them without giving up critical information!" Juno clamped her mouth shut after being cut off and looked down at her folded hands resting in her lap, guilt overtaking her slumped posture.

"The hunters didn't have that kind of time. If they died, he would've poisoned more people. There were—and still are—innocent men, women, and children in that town and I couldn't risk their lives after it was my fault they already lost three of their own. It was my fault!" Juno sighed, taking a moment to collect herself before continuing, her voice calmer than before. "I had to keep them safe and my magic held off the poison which increased my chances at finding help before I..." She trailed off, unable to form the words.

"Before you what? Before you what, Juno? Go ahead and say it." Porlyusica challenged the blonde with a fierce glint in her eyes.

Juno inhaled sharply and licked her suddenly dry lips before she finally replied in an even tone. "Before I died."

Wielding her broom once more, Porlyusica swatted the top of Juno's head. The blonde yelped and raised one of her hands to tentatively rub the now sore spot.

"Everything turned out okay, didn't it? Last I checked, I'm still breathing." Juno tried to reassure the only maternal figure she could really remember. Keyword being tried; Juno was failing quite miserably.

"Yes, I'm aware of that fact," Porlyusica nodded with an ever-present frown that seemed deeper than the usual. "But while the poison has been rendered harmless, not all of it is out of your system yet. Other than potential early fatigue in that leg in your future, you were healed better than the average doctor. To whom do you owe your life to again?" Porlyusica asked. "I need to tell them that they really shouldn't have."

Juno deadpanned and gave the woman a look. "A girl, Wendy, possessed healing magic and found me as I was about to chop off my leg." She answered, which only earned her another whack on the head from Porlyusica's broom. "Ow! What was that one for?"