SIX ◆ Deliora's Awakening

CHAPTER SIX DELIORA'S AWAKENING

◆ ◇ ◇

◇ ◆ ◇

◇ ◆ ◇

"THE TRUTH IS UR'S STILL ALIVE." Gray revealed to the group. Juno wasn't surprised, having already been told this information years ago. 

Back then, Gray had only been with the guild for a year, and Juno had gotten worried one day when he hadn't shown up at the guild hall. She knew that he hadn't taken a job and decided to go look for him. When she finally did find him, he'd been adamant that she leave him alone. 

Juno respected his wishes, but only left after telling him he could talk to her if he wanted. It took another year before he finally confided in the glitter mage about the full story of Ur and Lyon.

"What do you mean?" Erza asked, still confused.

"It's been ten years." Gray replied, a distant look in his eyes as he recalled those times. "Deliora attacked my hometown. I've never seen such destruction. The whole place was wiped out in less than a day. Ur and Lyon found me. They pulled me from the rubble." He explained, telling them about his pledge to stop Deliora someday. 

"That vow... is how it all began."

He shared a bit more to his story as they kept moving, but when the temple came into view, something seemed off. "Uh? Hey, guys? Is it just me, or does that temple look a little crooked right now?" Lucy wondered, tilting her head to the side, much like the temple itself.

"What happened to it?" Happy asked. 

Juno looked at it with a proud smile while Gray said, "I'm guessing Natsu."

"Me too." Erza agreed.

"I don't know how he managed to pull it off, but he's the only one who'd do something that crazy." Gray pointed out. "It's a pretty great idea if he did it on purpose."

Juno nodded and elaborated, saying, "With the temple tilted like that, the moonlight won't be able to shine directly on Deliora."

"You mean his habit of destroying stuff actually came in useful for once?" Lucy questioned.

"My head's stuck!" Happy suddenly exclaimed, holding his tilted head. "Looking sideways at that crooked temple hurt my neck!"

"Here, hold on," Juno told him, moving to help the blue cat. Just as she managed to help his neck unstuck, she noticed movement in the forest out of the corner of her eye. She pulled Happy close to her chest and leapt out of the way of incoming dagger-like weapons.

"Watch out!" Erza shouted, shoving Lucy out of harm's way before jumping out of the way herself. "Who's there?" She demanded to know.

A group of cloaked figures appeared, wearing veils over their faces that bore a distinct mark on the front. Juno didn't recognize the symbol, but it was also the least of her worries. She loosened her hold on Happy, freeing him to use his wings again.