FOUR ◆ Moon Drip

CHAPTER 4  MOON DRIP

◇ ◆ ◇

◇ ◆ 

"THIS WAS NICE, ERZA." Juno said with a relaxed sigh, stretching her arms over her head as they walked back towards Magnolia. "We should go on jobs together more often."

Erza smiled. "Is that so? I suppose it was nice to catch up with you after a while."

"You suppose?" Juno gasped, putting a hand over her heart in mock offense. "You wound me." The blonde pouted, smiling again when she heard her friend chuckle.

"You know what I meant, Juno. It's nice to have you around the guild again. You were gone for so long last time."

"I know," The blonde sighed, one hand reaching to toy with her necklace. "I just... it's still hard to be there. I promise that it's not you all," she was quick to say. "I don't feel the same when I'm there is all."

Erza nodded in understanding, ignoring as bystanders gaped at the luggage cart she pulled behind her. She was more focused on Juno. The blonde had been Erza's second contact with any Fairy Tail wizard, the first being Grandpa Rob. Over the years of getting to know Juno, the requip mage had come to notice a few things.

Though it didn't seem that way, Juno kept herself extremely guarded. She had a bright smile and kind personality that allowed nearly anyone feel comfortable in her presence, but Juno rarely shared what she was thinking or how she was feeling. Juno held herself with confidence, but she kept her secrets and she hid them well. Hearing her speak so freely about something like this, Erza couldn't let it slip between her fingers.

"I think that it all really started when my old man was expelled from Fairy Tail." Juno speculated, resting her pointer finger on her chin as she continued to ponder. "I was upset—I still am— but it took a lot of wandering on my own and even more time to think before I really understood Gramps' decision."

Erza began to notice that as Juno spoke her mind, her golden dust seemed to subconsciously activate, dancing around in the air and taking on fun new shapes. Any kids they passed along their way were in awe and Juno, without realizing what she was doing, was solidifying them into small toys and treasures for them. It made the redhead smile, especially considering the fact that it was just part of Juno's kind nature.

"But even so, it sort of feels like there's something missing at the guild and maybe I'm fooling myself by going on long jobs and stuff, but I can't help but feel like there's something out there. Something that'll change things." Juno glanced over at Erza before her cheeks grew warm and she realized she'd been talking about her thoughts.

"Sorry," she immediately apologized. "I didn't mean to talk your ear off." 

Juno tore her gaze away from her shoes when she heard Erza laugh. Looking at the redhead, she certainly didn't expect Erza's next words. "Juno, you don't have to be sorry for putting yourself first for once."