Chapter 1

You walk into the bathroom. Your body moving to the music playing through your house. You can feel it vibrating through the floor. You sit on your bathroom counter doing your makeup. You put on black eyeshadow smudging it a bit to make the Smokey eye look a bit less saturated. Then you put on a bit of blush and highlighter. Focusing it on your cheeks and nose.

You walk to your living room. The walls are littered with posters and tapestries. You plop down on your couch and reach for your phone to call your friends. They agree to hanging out at your place. They all arrive within five minutes of each other. You have incense burning and your windows are cracked in an attempt to cover up the strong scent of Mary Jane in your living room as you and your friends sit on your couch sharing a bowl. There were open snack bags and drinks all over the table. As you do the doorbell rings. "Hold on guys it's probably my neighbor," you say sighing.

You stand up and walk to the door in your shorts and big T shirt. You open it. Hank looks at you with an expression that is beyond unamused. You put on an annoyed smirk. "What do you need," you ask. "This is the second time this week I've had to ask you to turn it down y/n," he tells you frustrated. "Okay?" You respond. "If I have to come over one more time I'm filing a noise complaint," he says.

You yell at your friend to turn it down. "Is that better?" You ask. "Yes," hank says as he turns and walks off your doorstep mumbling something along the lines of "these fucking kids,". You shut the door and go back to your couch continuing with your friends. You had only moved in a week or two prior but your neighbors really weren't having it with you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks ago:

"Y/n hurry your ass up. I'm not lifting all these boxes for you," your friend yells at you from across the street. "Calm the fuck down dude I'm coming," you say as you use your knee to hoist a box up into your arms. Your neighbor exits his house and walks towards you. He looks old. About 50. He's tall and has grayish hair and a beard the same color. "You kids need help?" He asks. "Yeah actually that would be great thanks," you reply with a smile. He helps you move boxes inside.

As you three move boxes you start talking to him. "Thanks for helping. What's your name?" You ask. "Hank. What about you," he says in return. "Y/N L/N," you tell him. "Nice to meet you then Y/N," once he finishes helping you go inside your house but before closing the door you glance at his house. There's a figure in the window but you're too far away to see what they look like. You shake off the curiosity and close your front door as you begin to unpack the boxes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Earth to y/n?" Your friend says waving her hand in front of your face. You blink a few times bringing yourself back from your memory. "Hmm yeah what is it?" You ask. "I said do you wanna go out tonight?" She says. "Yeah of course let me get dressed," you say as you walk off to your room.

You put on a small black dress and some fishnets, finishing it off with some platformed docs. You finish it off with a necklace and cover you hands in rings. You amp up your makeup with some eyeliner and a dark lipstick. You walk out of your room and into your bathroom. Your friends had borrowed dresses from your closet and were doing their makeup, absolutely wrecking your bathroom. "Y'all ready?" You ask. Your friend pulls up the address of some club. You put your finger on your nose "not it for designated driver," you all decide on one of your friends being the driver.

You all pile into your friends car, as she turns on the car music starts playing quietly from her speakers. Once you arrive you all flash your IDs to the bouncer and walk inside. Music is blasting. You can feel it through the linoleum floors. It's dark accept for the strobe lights. All your friends have already found things to do so you walk to the bar by yourself, ordering a few shots of vodka and downing them before walking to the dance floor. You soon find yourself dancing against some girl in a mesh top already feeling the alcohol kicking in.

After a long night of drinking and dancing your friend drives you and your other friend home. The third friend you came with was off with some dude on their way to his apartment.  You friend stopped at your place, helping you inside then leaving to drive your other friend home. You have a pounding headache so you stumble to your bathroom, grabbing the bottle of Advil from underneath the counter. You grab a few in your hand, not counting how many and swallow them with some water from the sink. You're too tired to go to your room so you just make your way to the couch. But before you can reach it you pass out on the floor, your music still playing loudly from earlier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First chapter. you're gonna meet Connor in the next chapter so be patient. I know hank prolly wouldn't offer to help but just pretend he would bc I didn't wanna rewrite that.

-author