Chapter 10

Connor lied in his bed, an empty bottle of gin on the bedside table. Hank had been watching over him for the past few days. Connor was beginning to remind Hank a bit too much of himself. He decided it was time to do something about it.

"Come on kid. You need to get up," Hank said. Connor just rolled over and shoved his face into a pillow, grumbling a bit. "Stop acting like she's dead. She lives right next door," hanks said. "Dead or alive theres no difference. She can't even look at me without her mood dropping," Connor mumbled.

"You know what? Fuck it. Go to her door and tell her what happened. Tell her it was all a misunderstanding. I need you to be back to normal and clearly that's the only way that's going to happen," Hank said. "Great idea," Connor said, standing up and wobbling over to the bedroom door. Hank grabbed his arm stopping him. "Maybe go tomorrow when you're not super hungover?" Hank suggested. "Another great idea," Connor said as he collapsed back into bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV:

It had been a few days since your encounter with Connor at his work. You had been avoiding him at all costs. You were doing alright but you just knew that if you looked him in the eyes you'd break. You had really hoped that the two of you would work out. You thought he was perfect considering he's literally a machine but you guess robot guys are still guys which means their still assholes sometimes.
You were at the kids house making them lunch when you got a text.

Connor: meet me at the park tomorrow at sundown please. I need to talk to you.

You left him on read.

"Was that your boyfriendddd," pen asked. "Yes it was. But we're taking a break right now," you told them. "Aww what happened?" Elisabeth askd. "I think he's cheating on me," you said. "What a dick," Pen said. Your jaw dropped as you let out a shocked laugh. "WHERE DID YOU LEARN THAT!?" You said surprised. "Trevor," she said nonchalantly. "He's going to get me fired one of these days," you mumbled.

You sat down with the kids, eating quietly together. Lis spoke up. "I know we were kind of joking around a bit earlier but I am genuinely sorry. You deserve better," she said. "Yeah... and anyways you don't even need a boyfriend. You have us and we're ten times better than any guy," pen piped in, smiling at you. You teared up a bit at their little speech. "I love you kiddos so much. You know that?" You said, standing up and hugging them

After a while the kids mom got home. She usually worked until at least 1 AM but that day she had arrived at about 10 pm. She had excused you so you went home. You dropped down onto your bed. You had fallen asleep pretty fast. You just wanted to get tomorrow over with. It was one of your only days off and you were gonna spend it stressing over what your ex has to say for himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were nervous out of your mind when you woke up the next day. You had called your friend and asked her to come over and do something with you to distract yourself. She came over and you two had agreed on her doing your nails. She spoke up while prepping your hand. "I've never seen you this messed up over a breakup before Y/N... are you sure you're doing alright," she asked you. "Yeah! Of course," you said, looking at the ground. She looked at you with a kind of annoyed "seriously" face. "No..." you said quietly.

"You usually get over men so fast. What is it with him that's making you so stuck?" She asked. "Yeah well those other guys were mostly hook ups that's why. Connor was different. Special..." you mumbled. Your mood dampened as you thought about him. Maybe you were just overthinking? "Well he's obviously not considering I'm here with your sad ass," she said, half joking with you. "Now, do you want to watch a movie or something?" She asked. "I'd love to," you said back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two of you had fallen asleep on your couch. You woke up to warm light filling your living room. You were calm for a moment before you remembered your plans. "Shit," you cursed quietly. You checked the time on your phone. It was 6:34.

You could make it to the park before the sun went down but you had to hurry. You sped to your car, sitting in the front seat. You try turning it on but it doesn't work. You try again. The car engine revved but to no avail. "Why does my stupid car have to break down right now" you thought to yourself, smacking the wheel with your palm.

You had no other choice but to run. You got out of your car and started sprinting in the direction of the park. It was a whiles away on foot but you didn't care. You had gotten there just in time. You spotted connor and walked up to him. You were out of breath. "Y/N did you run here?" Connor asked. "Non of your business. Can you just get to what you wanted to tell me," you said looking at the ground. You couldn't make eye contact with him. Not yet.

"I have to explain myself. We had just solved a case we were working on for a while. Everyone was celebrating and so she ran up to me and kissed me. I was going to push her away right when you saw us. Be honest, you saw that I didn't kiss back. She doesn't mean anything to me. I promise," he said. You looked up at him with glossy eyes. "I don't even know her name," he said softly.

"Why are you trying to fix this? It's not like I'm the only person you have. You could easily find someone better," you said as your voice broke. "I don't want someone else. I want you," he said, staring into your eyes. "Why? Because I'm easy? Because I'm fulfilling your hot girl next door schoolboy fantasy?" You said.

tears built in your eyes, falling as soon as they were heavy enough. "No Y/N- Because I love you," he said. Your tears stopped as your eyes widened. You searched his eyes for a moment, dumbstruck before you put your hands on his face, pulling him into a deep kiss. You felt like you were the only two people alive as he kissed you back. The orange and pink sky shined on you two as you pulled back. "I love you too," you said as you pressed your forehead against his.

              "You make me feel alive Y/N,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THAT WAS THE END BABES 😭 I know this was just writing practice for me but damn did I get attached. This was so fun to do so I'm glad some people enjoyed it! Don't forget to vote! Luv you all!!! 💕

                      -author