Chapter 9

It had been a few days since your little date earlier. You had ended up falling asleep on the bench so Connor drove you home and tucked you in. The two of you laid in your bed. He traced circles on your bare back with his fingers. He stopped after a while, nuzzling his face into the side of your neck. He planted a few small kisses on it.

He spoke up. "I have to work a full day tomorrow. We're really close to solving this deviant case so I might have to stay late," he mumbles into your neck. "That's fine. I'm gonna be bored here without you. I don't have work tomorrow and don't know what to do the whole day," you say turning to face him.  Connor had been staying with you for the past week or so. "I'm sure you'll figure something out," he whispers as he pulls you close to him. Holding you in his strong arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You knew Connor was going to have a long day so you decided to visit him at work. It was about 5 pm. You drove to the coffee shop that you two went to on your first date and got two coffees. You put them in the cup holder and drove over to his work.

You felt really good. Everything in your life is going pretty decent. The kids are fine and their parents gave you a raise, your friend got a new apartment, and you and Connor had been going strong for about two weeks. You asked the receptionist where his desk is. You showed her your ID and she told you that you could go in.

You were looking around for him. You saw him, excitement rushing through you. He smiled wide as he hugged Hank. He was happy.  And so we're you. That is until you kept watching. As he celebrated what you assumed was him finishing the case a girl who he was standing with kissed him. You felt like he had just taken out a gun and shot you right through your abdomen.

You dropped the coffee cup and turn around, walking out of the precinct. He heard the sound of the cup dropping and turned his head towards you. You could hear him calling your name and running up behind you. He touched your shoulder trying to get you to turn around and look at him.

"y/n i know it looks bad but I promise it's not what it looks like please let me explain," you stand still facing away from him. Your hands are balled up in fists. You turn around. There are tears in your eyes. He tries to wipe them of with his thumb but you grabbed his arm stopping him from moving "Don't fucking touch me," you yell.

"You know I really thought you were going to be different. But no. You're just like ever other guy I've dated. Using me then moving on behind my back when you're not interested anymore," you say, letting go of his arm harshly. "Y/n that's not what I'm doing I promise I-" you cut him off

"just stop. You've already ruined everything. We're over," by now everyone is looking at you two. You turn and walk out. "Wait-" he yells but you're already gone. He slams his fist on a desk. Cursing under his breath before running his hand through his hair, sighing. His face resting in his hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a day or so since you saw Connor with that girl. You weren't sure if she knew he was taken but you felt bad for her. She was probably feeling the same as you. Unless of course she knew. Then that's just messed up.

You were sitting on your couch. Your friend sitting next to you. The two of you were passing back and forth a container of slightly melted (favorite flavor) ice cream. It's awkwardly quiet. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asks. "Not yet," you respond handing her the pint, burying your face in the pillow that's resting in your lap. "I really thought you two were going to work out. I mean with him being literally perfect and everything," she says, her spoon still in her mouth. "That wasn't helpful!" you shout into the pillow.

There was a knock on the door. Your friend got up and opened it for you. She closed it a bit so she could talk to you more privately. "It's your neighbor Hank. He's asking to talk to you. Do you want to?" She asks. "Fine. I'll talk to him," you say. You get up from your couch and put the pint on the side table next to you. You stand in front of the door.

Hanks facing you. "Y/n please let the kid explain himself. He's really depressed. He hasn't gotten out of bed for the last few days and-" you cut him off. "He's depressed?" You say scoffing. "HES DEPRESSED?" Theres tears gathering in your eyes, you're yelling at this point. "WELL MAYBE HE SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT BEFORE HE FUCKING CHEATED ON ME," you yell "but-" you cut him off again. "Goodnight," you say harshly as you slam the door in his face.

You stand there staring at the door. You cry quietly. You knew what he did but never said it out loud before. That was your first time admitting that he cheated on you. It broke you. Your friend touched your shoulder trying to calm you. You turned around and hugged her, sobbing into her shoulder. She whispered soft "it's okay," and "you're alright,"s. Your friends comforting voice quieted your cries.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BRUH I LOVE WRITING ANGST BUT ALSO 😭 THIS SHI HURTS SO BAD. This is gonna be the second to last chapter. Next ones finna be real cute 🥰 love y'all.

-author