Chapter 8

You're sitting at home waiting for Connor to come back from work. He had been staying at your house the past few weeks. Honestly You don't think hank minds that much. He seems to enjoy Connor not constantly being around him.

After about an hour of waiting the door creaks. You look over and see Connor walking in. He takes off his jacket and puts his bag on the floor. He leans over the couch kissing your cheek before resting his head on your shoulder. "Con guess what?" You ask excited. "What's up," he mumbles "I have a surprise," you say proudly. "Y/N M/N L/N," he says with a jokingly shocked expression on his face.

"It is 3:56 pm could you really not wait at least another hour before asking to have sex with me?" He says teasingly. "Not that kind of surprise," you say pushing his arm a bit as he laughs. "Get in the car," you tell him as you stand up, sliding on your shoes. "Y/N I just got home!!" He complains. "Too bad," you say giggling.

You sit in the drivers seat and he sits next to you. You drive for about a half an hour. You reach your destination and pull over, parking on the side of the street. The two of you get out of the car. "Really y/n? A rollerskating rink?" He asks looking at you weirdly. "Oh hush you told me you didn't know how last week so I'm teaching you. Also no looking it up on your brain computer thingy that's cheating," you tell him.

The two of you walk up to the red carpet covered counter and get your skates. You sit down and put yours on, standing up and moving around a bit to warm up your ankles. Connor stands up and almost falls. You hold is hands and he balances out. "Ok so point your feet outward diagonally and push forward on one, then the other," he does as you instruct him. He succeeds kind of.

He's moving but looks very blocky and awkward. It's adorable. You skate next to him, holding his hand in yours. You two are going kind of slow because of him but you don't mind it. He looks down at his feet then back up at you, smiling. Theres a slight bump in the ground causing him to trip.

He falls to the ground taking you down with him. You land on top of him, his face close to yours. "Hey," he says. "Hi," You respond before kissing him gently. The guy monitoring the rink yells at you two resulting in you standing up fast laughing your asses off.

After an hour or two you leave and get back into the car. You start driving but not in the direction of home. "Our houses are in the opposite direction y/n," Connor says. "I know," you respond. It's dark out. You park and get out of the car. Grabbing Connors hand you Run up a small hill. You're almost floating you're so hyper. "Where the hell could we possibly be going y/n?" Connor asks. "Have patients Con," you say as you reach a small cliff that overlooks the city. A short "wow," is all he can muster when he sees what you're so excited about.

You sit on the small bench about five feet back from the edge. Connor placed his arm around your shoulders. You hold onto his hand and lean into his warm body. "You're great. Do you know that?" You ask him. You don't get a worded response. He just holds you closer, kissing your forehead. You look up in the sky and see some falling stars. "Con look at the sky!! It's a meteor shower," you say. Awe in your voice.

"hey y/n do you see that one right there?" He says pointing up to a constellation in the sky. "Yeah," you say. "That's The lyre. Apollo gifted it to his son Orpheus. It was said that when Orpheus played his Lyre that all the animals and people, and even the trees would stop what they were doing to listen to his song. One day while Eurydice danced with the Nymphs, a snake came and bit her which caused her to die instantly. Orpheus sung his grief with his lyre and managed to move everything, living or not in the world: both humans and gods learnt about his sorrow and grief," he said

"Overwhelmed by grief, Orpheus descended into the underworld and Hades to see his wife. Any other mortal would have died, but Orpheus, being protected by the gods, went to Hades. He presented himself to him and his wife Persephone. Orpheus played his lyre, attracting Hades.

Hades told him he could take Eurydice with him but under one condition: she would have to follow him out while walking out to the light from the caves of the underworld, but he should not look at her before coming out to the light or else he might loose her forever. If Orpheus is patient, he might have Eurydice as a normal woman again by his side.

Thinking it was a simple task for a patient man like himself, Orpheus was delighted. He thanked the gods and left to ascend back to the world. Unable to hear Eurydice's footsteps however, he began to fear that the gods had fooled him. Eurydice might have been behind him, but as a ghost, having to come back to the light to become a full woman again.

Only a few feet from the exit, Orpheus lost his faith and tuned to see if Eurydice was behind him, but her ghost was whisked back among the dead, now trapped with hades forever. Orpheus tried to return to the underworld, but it would be assumed that a person cannot enter the realm of hades twice while alive.

He started playing a mourning song with his lyre calling for death so that he can be United with Eurydice forever. Orpheus perished, but the muses decided to save his head and keep it among the living people to sing forever, enchanting everyone with his melodies and tones,"

"That's so tragic," you say looking him in his eyes. "Really? I personally think it's quite romantic," he says looking down at his shoes. You place your hand on his chin, moving his face so he's looking at you. You kiss him gently. It's full of love. The two of you pull apart, your foreheads touching, and your fingers intertwined. It's just you and him in this world together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Um WOW 😍 I just love Orpheus and Eurydice's story it's so beautifully tragic. Sorry this was kind of a filler I was thinking of ended the FIC soon so I just wanted to give y'all one more fluff before I did.

-author