Chapter 6

Connor woke up late, his program functioning weirdly. Usually he wouldn't sleep because he doesn't need it but it was the only way Hank could get him to shut up. He felt groggy for a moment until all the memories from last night came flooding back. "Oh shit," he cursed under his breath. He looks out the front window and sees you about to leave for work. He throws on a sweater and some jeans and rushes outside.

You see him approaching you and smile, thinking about how cute he was acting last night. "Morning Connor," you say with a smirk. "I'm so sorry about last night y/n I was just really-" he says in a panicked tone. He's scared that you hate him now. "Don't worry about it Con. It was cute," you tell him. His cheeks go blue as he blushes because of the small nickname you gave him.

"Wait so you don't hate me now?" He asks his hands in his pockets. "Of course not!" You say laughing. You look him in the eyes. You put your hands on his shoulders, kissing him quickly before getting into your car. "I have to go to work but I'll text you later okay?" You say "yeah," he responds looking starstruck. He gently touches his lips with his fingers, wondering if that actually just happened. Once you're out of sight he does a little celebratory dance, jumping around a bit. A smile spread wide on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~time~jump~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's Sunday. You pull up to the kids house, stepping outside of your car and walking to their door. You use your key to let yourself in. It's about 9 AM. It's Sunday so you're planning on letting the kids sleep in. You open the door and put down your things as quietly as you can. Their mom left for work about a half an hour ago. You have about an hour to kill before you have to start making breakfast. You decide to text Connor.

You: hey :)

Connor: what's up?

You: not much. I'm working but the kids aren't up yet so I'm just killing time

Connor: I listened to some of the bands you texted me on Saturday. I really liked them. You have good taste y/n.

You: thanks con <3

Connor: you're welcome. :)

You: con do you wanna come over later?

Connor: you mean like with your friends too?

You: I was kind of thinking just us but if you want my friends to come too they can

Connor: no I'd like just you better.

Your heart skips a beat

In an attempt to distract yourself from the fact that Connor just said he wanted to be with you alone you got up and started making breakfast for the kids. You made waffles and eggs. Then you grab some fruit out of their fridge and cut it up. Lis woke up first and was helping you cook. Trevor woke up and wandered downstairs about when you had finished cooking. "Trev can you set the table please? I'm gonna go wake up pen,"

You walk up the many stairs and glide down the hallway, stopping at a door at the end of the hall. It's covered in stickers. You open the door and walk in. You can see pen sleeping. You walk over to her and kneel down, tapping her on the shoulder. "Wake up pen," you say quietly a few times. She rubs her eyes sitting up in her bed. "Y/n?" She asks.

"I made waffles for you and your siblings. Hurry on downstairs before it gets cold," she gets up and wearily trudges downstairs. All four of you sit down at the table eating together. "It's a weekend so we can basically do whatever you guys want," you tell them. "Can we go to your house?" Pen asks. Lis chimes in "yeah I'm bored of our house," you laugh nervously. "I'm not sure your mom would let you. I'll ask her when she gets home. Maybe we can tomorrow,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You ended up taking them to a mall. You looked around at shops with them and even found a little arcade. You get home with them around 1. "Kids do you want some lunch?" you ask them. They nod. You start to cook pasta. You barely have enough time to finish before their mom bursts through the door. She looks panicked.

"Are you okay Mrs Hyde?" You ask. "No. Not at all," she says. "I totally forgot it's my turn to host book club. It's at 3," she tells you. "Can you get the kids out of the house for a few hours y/n?" She asks. "We just got back from being out and Penelopes pretty tired," you tell her. "I hate to ask you this y/n but can you take them to your house for a bit?" She asks. "Sure," you respond nervously.

You're a bit worried considering your house isn't very "kid friendly". Pen and lis sit in the backseat, Trevor sits in the front next to you. You turn on your car radio and punk is playing softly from a CD. "I can change it if y'all don't like this," you tell them. "No I like this it's so cool," lis says. Pen just nods aggressively in agreement.

You reach your house. You open the front door. Their eyes widen as they go inside. They marvel at the fun things put all over your walls and shelves. There's small crystals and little things you don't need that you found at thrift stores sitting everywhere. You, Pen, and Lis sit down on your couch, Trev opts to sit on the floor. You let them choose a movie.

Your house is pretty quiet except for the dulcet sound of the movie playing in the background. You hear a knock at the door wondering who it could be. The door opens to reveal Connor. He kisses you gently, backing you into your house closing the door behind you two. You pull away quickly. "What is it this time?" He asks annoyed that he can never seem get a moment alone with you.

You cocked your head in the direction of the kids on the couch who are staring at you two, silent and grinning wide. You just know that they're squealing on the inside. He's embarrassed. He blushes as he apologizes to the kids and you profusely. "I should probably go," he says. "You can stay if you want," Lis says abruptly.

He looks at you nervously. "You heard the girl," you say, a smile spreading across your face. He looks at you unamused. "This isn't funny," he whispers to you before walking over to the couch and sitting down. You're enjoying this way too much. You also go back over, sitting in between Connor and lis.

"Is this the boy you were telling us about y/n?" Lis whispers to you. "Because I can totally understand why you like him now," you worry that Connor heard what she said. He kept glancing at you, smiling. You four sat for a while together watching the movie in silence. It was a comfortable silence. It was just you and the people you cared about sitting together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AKSJSJDHHSGD I can't tell if I'm embarrassed or am excited 💀 I personally thought this chapter was cute. The kids are actually based off of real kids I babysit so it's fun to write about them. (The names are no where close to their real names obviously)

-author