Helping A Friend

School had been going for a week now, and I hadn't really seen much of the gang since I'd been focused on homeworking and trying to get to know Leon more. 

                             I was doing my homework when I got a 9-1-1 text from Monse. 

  Monse: Meet us at Ruby's! 

Ryan: On my way!

                I darted out the door and over to Ruby's. When I got there I saw everyone including Cesar there, "Ryan, we need your input on how to get Cesar out of the Santos," Jamel said. 

           "I didn't even know he was in it to begin with," I said. 

                     "You wouldn't unless Leon told you," Cesar said. 

                  "Wait, why didn't you guys tell me?" I asked Ruby, Jamel, and Monse. 

                    "Because you're Uno's little sister. We agreed to keep you out of it so you wouldn't tell the plan," Jamel said. 

                "I gotta go," I said and left. 

                                  I was about home when I got a phone call, I pulled out my phone and to see it was Cesar. 

                                                 *call*

Ryan: Hello?

Cesar: You okay?

Ryan: I'm fine.

Cesar: Why'd you leave then?

Ryan: Got homework to do. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Cesar: Ry, wait-

Ryan: Bye. 

                       *End of call*

                         When I got home Leon's car was there, but he wasn't, so I sat on the couch and did my homework. I'd just got my history done when someone knocked, I opened the door to see Cesar. I stepped aside and he came in and sat on the couch, "what's really wrong?" He asked. 

               "I'm hurt that they didn't tell me just because of who my brother is."

                          "I'm sure they didn't mean to hurt your feelings, Ryan."

                            "You should probably go before Leon gets back," I sighed. 

                            "Probably," he smiled. 

                                       As we stood from the couch, Leon and Oscar walked in. Leon's glare went from me to Cesar, "why's he here with you alone?" Leon asked. 

      "We are friends, but also just to talk. It's been a rough week at school," I answered. 

                     "What happened?" Leon asked. 

                       "Just a few of the football players making comments," I answered. 

                "Like?" Leon asked. 

              "Telling me they can show me a good time, made a few other comments," I said. I could tell Oscar and Leon were fuming. 

             "I'll handle it," Leon growled. 

              "It's fine. It's not that big of a deal," I said. 

                   "It is. No one is going to say disrespectful shit about or to my sister!" Leon growled.