The Dance and Halloween

Jamel and I were talking about  Rollerworld and planning things out when Ruby brought up the dance, "you guys ready for our first high school dance?"

                     "Just make sure to leave the cane at home, Jamel," Cesar said. 

                       "It's a pimp stick," Jamel said. 

                    "Even worse," I said. 

                "Agreed," Cesar said. 

                   "I don't say how chains on guys are tacky or how hidden rose tattoos on the pelvic bone on girls is kind of slutty," Jamel said. 

            Ruby and Cesar looked at Jamel weird, "what? You didn't notice the peek-a-boo tattoo on Ryan's hip?'

                    Cesar and Ruby shook their heads, "how'd you know?" Ruby asked. 

                "I saw it," Jamel answered. 

               "How long you 2 been doing that? If Uno or Spooky finds out. Jamel, you're a dead man," Cesar said. 

              I busted up laughing, "we're not sleeping together. He must've seen it under the shirt."

                  "I saw it the other day when she wore the crop top. What did you mean I'd be a dead man?" Jamel asked. 

          "Uno is her brother so obviously he'd have no problem killing a boy for having sex with his story. Spooky, well, he'd just do it," Cesar answered. 

                               Then Olivia and Monse sat down at the table, "you chicas ready for the dance?" Ruby asked. 

               "We're not going," Olivia said. 

         "We won't be used as some sex objects. Neither should you, Ryan," Monse said then they got up and left. 

                  "What the hell just happened?" I asked. 

                "No idea," Cesar said. 

                    "Meet at Ruby's at 7?" I asked. 

                    "Deal," Cesar smiled. 

                  "Don't forget about me," Jamel said. 

                    "Promise," I smiled. 

                                  After school we all walked together like normal and parted off like normal. When I walked inside Leon was home, "hey Mano," I smiled. 

             "You got plans tonight?" He asked. 

                "Homecoming dance."

              "Not now. You need to stay home. Some shit went down, the block is hot."

              "But it's my last homecoming dance."

           "Just do what you're told, if you argue anymore I'll have Sad Eyes come sit here with you like you're a baby," he growled. 

              "Fine," I said and he left. 

                                      I waited til closer time to meet everyone and snuck out of the house. When I got to Ruby's, Jamel was there with Abuela. I sat down and we all started talking about Rollerworld, "I made a dress for one of the those boy's girlfriend once," Abuela said. I spaced out and watched t.v.