[ 𝟬𝟬𝟬 ] love is beautiful, friendship is better

tw none, short chapter about dasom thoughts (first meeting)

🍮 ⌜ 작은 한이 ⌟ ┈─❟

When Dasom first met Hanmi in that classroom, she thought she was weird. Well, actually... when did that not make her think? She just found it odd.

The girl was quite rambunctious, crying on how she wasn't on a different class, she even recited a folk song for God's sake! It was pretty funny to hear though.

Even more so when English class had started and Hanmi had tried to pronounce a simple english word but failed in the end. It was a good laugh for her and Chul. And also because the words she spoke weren't all that difficult for Hanmi to get, which made the entire situation rather amusing for her too.

Dasom didn't know why exactly she felt drawn to the other girl but when her eyes drifted towards her once she entered the classroom with Chul, then she realized. It was something like... like having butterflies fluttering inside her tummy, or a strange itch under her skin, or an itching sensation in her nose. Like whenever she saw someone that was a little different from the norm.

The way Hanmi seemed a bit more energetic than others, especially at first sight, the way she always carried herself with such confidence. Or maybe it was only her imagination? Either way, she couldn't help it.

She had to talk to her.

She wanted to. To get to know her better, maybe. If only she could stop staring for long enough to do it. Maybe ask her what she liked to eat. The things they shared in their classes were probably similar enough in their tastes. Or maybe she would be able to guess her favourite book series based on her looks.

That would be cool too, right?

So, Dasom waited. For a bit, she let Hanmi settle down from her whining before she spoke up, "Hey. Why is your aura different from the rest?" The words came out sounding more confident than she intended them to. Her voice sounded hoarse, probably due to some nerves.

Chul looked at her as if she was crazy for asking some random classmate that. But Hanmi seemed surprised too but not in any bad way, just mildly puzzled. She even made a disturbed face, probably asking herself if she was weird.

It was cute.

Dasom thinks that she'll make a great addition to her and Chul's friendship. And who knows? She could bring a bit of spice in their lives.