[ 𝟬𝟬𝟱 ] and the plot thickens

tw none

tw none

🍯 ⌜  작은 한이  ⌟  ┈─❟

Hanmi knew she's smart and practical about certain things as long as it wasn't much a hassle on her part.

Sure, she doesn't use her head for school or anything that bores her. What's the point of doing anything good or worth-praising for if no one would notice your hard work?

Hanmi smiles secretly to herself as she continues to doodle on her notebook, ignoring the murmurs going around the classroom.

It wasn't like she's doing anything bad! She's just not utilizing her knowledge. They should be thankful that she's not destroying their dignity. Heh, they should be scared once she snaps.

(Dan-I shivers at the sudden change of the atmosphere in the room.)

"Hey, Hanmi. Did you do the homework?" Hanmi turns to look at Dan-I with a look. The brunette was ready to be answered by a nonchalant answer that she doesn't do homework and that she just needed to copy from the smartest person in class. Her best friend is a bad influence but what can she do now?

What she didn't except is for Hanmi to rummage her bag and to take out a small stack of papers.

Dan-I blinks once she placed the papers on her desk, seeing answers of the homework she was asking. She looks at them incredulously, picking up a paper. Scanning her own paper along with Hanmi's, she raised an eyebrow seeing that her best friend got all the right answers.

The brunette knew Hanmi wasn't stupid. She could handle her works herself, but with the right motivation. But seeing how yesterday she didn't want to do any work and now having her own math homework was quite suspicious on her own opinion.

Did something happen yesterday? Or was it unadultered determination hidden under all of that laziness?

"Your thoughts are so loud, Dan-I." Hanmi takes back her paper, neatly piling them up again. Dan-I jumps a little before giving her a sheepish smile.

"It's not everyday you do your homework. I always do it for you."

Hanmi frowns at that, leaning back on her chair. She couldn't look at her best friend in the eye when she thought about the realizations she had last night. The girl needed to work harder, be independent and all. She couldn't always depend herself on Dan-I.

She was smart.

She could do it with a snap of a finger.

But she doesn't want to.

She blamed her parents from all of this. Their frequent overseas made her quite touch-starved, seeking anything that might give her comfort and love, not caring any consequences of it as long she has it. (Without love and support for her whole life, she felt inadequate).