[ 𝟬𝟭𝟭 ] why do i

tw sad sad sad, hanmi always suffering (for a while)

🍯 ⌜  작은 한이  ⌟  ┈─❟

"Wake up."

Hanmi groans, covering herself with her duvet, turning around to face away to avoid waking up from her slumber completely. The person sighs, caressing their hand on her cheeks, opting to wake her up with care.

They shiver, remembering a time where they had surprised her when she was sleeping that made Hanmi kick them where the sun doesn't shine.

Hanmi shivers at the cold contact on her cheeks. "What now?" She grumbles, peeking an eye open, seeing Chunyoung kneeling down her bed as Eunhyeong and Ju-In were at the door, waiting to see what would happen to the unfortunate soul.

Apparently, Chunyoung lost on rock-paper-scissors.

"We need to get ready. We're meeting up with the others." He reminds. The boy stands up immediately, walking out of the door as soon as Hanmi sat up. The other two smiling at her before Eunhyeong closes the door to give the girl some privacy.

It was then silent. Hanmi sighs, scratching her head as she falls down back on the bed, still tired.

Another day, another suffering. She puffs out a breath before rolling out of her bed, stretching her body as soon as she was standing. "Hmph!" She groans, hearing the satisfying pop of her bones.

Hanmi walks up towards her desk, taking her headband and just stretching it for fun, still dazed from her sleep. "Stretchy stretch." She mocks in her own voice, trying to make sure her mind wasn't too occupied by whatever nonsense that will come next, so that maybe, if something comes to disturb her thoughts, she could take her mind off it.

And that would be great, right? Nothing is happening today. Her classes are done; it's almost the end of February. There will be no snow, she thinks, shaking her head lightly. Maybe there will be a few days where it's cold enough to have to wear multiple jackets or a hat too... But other than that, nothing has happened to her in months, or three years to be exact. She should be glad, isn't it? And yet, it feels wrong.

She shakes her head.

Hanmi cared now, and that was her personal downfall.

***

"Ah~ that hits the spot." Hanmi bemused, sipping her morning coffee with a beaming smile.

Eunhyeong smiles at her, fixing the untidy scarf on her neck. Ju-In looks at her, tilting his head. "Did you make that, Hyoni?"