15 - Cafés and Regrets

Dark Pits P.O.V
Someone is going to die tonight.

That is all I thought as I held on to (Y/N). I could see the way her wrists were bruised and her ankles were cut and how she held onto my tunic like someone was coming for her. The way she cried when she saw her own bed and pleaded me to stay away from it. Words can't describe the rage I'm feeling.

I held on to her a little tighter and sat there for a while letting her sleep comfortably in my arms before getting up and leading her to another room to sleep in. I walked down the hall and into the nearest door which lead to a similar room. Must be Pits room.

Gently laying her down on the bed, I went to go find bandages but was stopped as she grabbed my hand. She was still sleeping somehow so I took her hand off mine and placed it next to her side and checked around the room, quickly finding a box of medical supplies.

I'm not sure how she didn't wake up but i was able to clean her wounds and wrap them. There was one bandage across her forehead and more on her wrists and ankles.

"I'm going to find who did this." I muttered before leaving the room.

I quickly searched all the halls looking out for any guards and checked most of the rooms before all that was left was the dungeons.

I made my way down the stair case and into the dark, dimly lit hallway where there were cells line up with the occasional prisoner. Hiding in the shadows, I looked around, She had a head injury so maybe... that's when I saw him. A prisoner who had a big cut on his forehead that he was holding with his hand and blood dripping down his arm.

"Let me ask you a question." My rage grew ten fold, "where'd you get that injury?"

"tch... Why do you want to know- wait... Your- You're Dar-!" I cut him off with my blade to his throat as the cell was just small enough for me to reach and slice his neck, "Tell me where you got that injury."

I could see fear spark in his eyes and the tension in the air was thick, "I... A-uh..."

"Tell me or you'll be choking on blood in the next five seconds." I growled trying to keep my voice down.

"I-I broke into the captain's room because she made a fool of me! I thought she needed to be taught a lesson! My plan almost worked but she head-butt me and then beat my ass!" The man quietly cried in fear but the first thing that popped into my head gave me a smile. That's my girl.

Soon my smile faded as I though back on her state and my rage grew even more, "What were you planning on doing to her." I rested the tip of the blade on his throat.

"I-I-I w-was going to force her to-" He didn't even need to finish his sentence for me to get it. I sliced his skin giving him a small cut big enough to be exceptionally painful but small enough to keep him alive, "Since the captain already beat you and locked you away, i'll keep you alive. Also cause you might get interrogated later. You better not say anything about seeing me here or you life won't be sparred next time."

I quickly disappeared back out into the upper halls of the palace and back to where (Y/N) was sleeping. To my relief she was still there but her hands were feeling around. It was like she was searching for something.

I don't think I would be best to just leave her like this. I turned around and locked the door to the room and made sure the window was locked as well before taking the spot next to (Y/N). There was some good distance between us and yet, her hands quickly found me and she pulled me closer, taking me by surprise.

Your P.O.V
My wrists hurt and my ankles hurt. Everything was sore but I'm warm and it smells nice. I slowly came to my senses realizing I was enveloped in something... no, by someone and their wings. Black wings. Eh?