25 - Breaking Down

As I stretched in the hot spring, I heard the door close behind me. Someone's in here with me and I just happen to be near the door. Since this is Viridis palace, her hot springs are even bigger than Palutenas so if I were on the other end, it would be impossible to see through all the steam.

I swiftly crouched back down into the water before turning around to see Dark Pit with the reddest face I've ever seen.

"H-how long have you been standing there?!" I stammered over my words. How much did he see?!

"I," He cleared his throat while looking away, "I just got in here. I didn't see anything."

"...ok." I said with slight suspicion not entirely trusting his words. I drifted off in unease and looked away as he got in the water. I'm not entirely expecting something similar to what happened with Pit but this is still crazy.

"(Y/n) you didn't seem like your self at dinner. You barely ate." Dark Pit swam around looking for me but I kept my distance.

"I just kind of lost my appetite and I'm exhausted from the last month." I said in a tired tone trying to hide my tension, "Yeah but I just want to know if anything's wrong." He said in his usual way.

"I'm just..." Then suddenly, my whole body relaxed, "I'm just... tired..." Why is it so hard to speak...? All my senses seemed to be fading in and out.

I didn't have time to process anything thought before everything went dark.

Dark Pits P.O.V
"I'm just ti..." I heard her say before she went quiet.

"(Y/n)? (Y/n)..?!" She wasn't responding so I hurried around until I saw her sitting near the edge. Her head dropped and her eyes closed.

"(Y/n)...! Wake up!" I shook her shoulder a bit to nudge her awake but she was out like a light. Ugh not now...

I groaned in frustration until she began falling forward still not waking up. Quickly, I grabbed her shoulders to keep her head above the water. Why wasn't she waking up?! I can't keep her in here because of several reasons.

If I leave her like this she'll most likely drown. Concern began growing in my chest. This is so unusual and I know she doesn't just pass out like this even when exhausted.

I need to get her out but how? I put her in my arms bridal style and lifted her out while looking directly forward and nowhere else. I got out of the water, put my towel on and was able to wrap her in a towel by laying her down and just throwing it on her. Thankfully it worked and the towel was now secure.

Picking her up again except koala style, I hurried out of the steamy room and activated my laurel, "Viridi we have a problem."

"Ugh, what now?" She groaned in annoyance.

"It's (y/n). She just passed out in the hot springs and won't wake up-" I was cut off, "What?! Is (y/n) ok?!" Pit came hurling towards me.

"I don't know dipstick that's what I'm trying to figure out!" I snapped at him as I got to her room. Quickly laying her in the bed, a medic ran in and Viridi spoke in a softer tone, "I brought my best doc. Hopefully it's nothing to serious."

I watched in defeat as the medic shooed me out of the room. I knew something was wrong.

Your P.O.V
I woke up in a cold sweat. In a bed? Wasn't I just in the hot springs? I don't even remember falling asleep.

"W...where am I...?" I mumbled to the person next to me, "I'm your room. You fainted in the hot springs."

"How did I get here...?" I hesitantly asked, "Some dark winged angel. You lucky he got you out or you might have drowned." They told me. I thought about how he did it and wanted to scream. He probably saw my entire naked body while unconscious.

"Do you know what's wrong with me?" I tried sitting up but they stopped me. "You're exhausted. The energy and nutrient levels I detected in your body are the lowest I've ever seen in a patient. You're malnourished."

"W-what?! But I feel fine!" I tried sitting up again, "No. You need bed rest. You're gonna need to stay in bed for two or three days to regain energy in a healthy manner. Also bigger food portions."

I was about to retaliate but stopped knowing I wasn't going to win this argument, "...ok..." I mumbled while laying down again.

-

I tossed and turned but it was no use. I couldn't sleep and haven't been able to sleep for what seemed like four or five hours now. I was really feeling the exhaustion now and wanted to cry because I was so tired.

Done with it, I swung my legs over the side of the bed and walked to Pits room. I would have gone to Dark Pit but he literally dragged me out of the hot spring. I was too embarrassed to see him right now.

Knocking on his door, I patiently waited for it to open. Just seconds passed and Pit was opening the door rubbing sleep from his eyes, "Hello?"

"Hey Pit." I replied a bit flustered. I didn't want to bother him but I couldn't stand being unable to sleep.

"Oh? What do you need?" He perked up quickly with a smile.

"I can't sleep- I haven't been able to sleep. I'm so tired but I don't know what to do." I looked down shivering from the cold just wanting to rest my eyes but Pit grabbed my hand and led me into his room, "You can sleep with me! Maybe that will help!"

"Thanks..." I mumbled and got into his bed without a thought. I turned away from him but then felt his fingers playing with my hair. It felt soooo nice and could feel sleep tugging at my eyelids. Feeling my body relax I quickly drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

-

Waking up, I realized and had to remember I wasn't in my own room. What time is it? Pit is gone. Probably left on his mission.

I quickly got up and went off to find Dark Pit until Viridi spoke in my ear, "I see you're finally up!"

"Yep! And I'm ready to go!" I said excitedly as she continued, "Do you know how long you were out for?"

"N-no? Just for the night, right?" I nervously asked. I'm sure I was asleep for much longer though based on her question.

"Three days. Not one! Not two! Three!" She shouted in her usual mocking tone while I gasped in shock.

"What?! No way! What have Pit and Dark Pit been doing?!" I rushed to my room to get my battle gear on. Maybe I can still be some help, "Well, Pit got the lightning chariot. Dark Pit has been surveying Pit to make sure he doesn't loose control of it and Palutena is... still Palutena."

"What is Pit doing now?" I asked ready to go. "Well, he's moments away from breaking the- wait," She paused, "I have to go." And the line cut.

"Viridi? Viridi?" I asked a couple more times before kicking my foot in anger, "Guess I'll have to find them myself." I groaned in annoyance before putting on the rest of my gear.

I ran around for what felt like forever before I finally found the dark room with the mystical door that could lead me to different places. I should ask what it's name is so I don't have to give it some dumb name. But... where are they anyway? Pit got the chariot but I'm not sure where...

My eyes widened, "The temple! They're going to break the barrier duh!" I tried pushing the doors open but they didn't budge. Dang... now there's another issue. Without thinking I contacted Viridi again.

"Viridi open the door to the temple! Just for a couple seconds!" I shouted in a more demanding tone and waited moments in silence. More silence kept me company until the doors violently swung open and I saw Palutenas temple, "Thanks Viridi!" I shouted as I launched myself out right as the door closed again.

I dove for the temple before a flash of lightning flew past me, just barely missing. It was an empty chariot just running rampant. I looked around frantically before I saw Pit at the temple fighting... Palutena herself?!

"Viridi what can I do to help?! Should I go help Pit?"

"No!" She quickly responded, "Pit has everything under control but we need to get a hold of that chariot!" The goddess shouted before the streak of lightning flew past me one more time.

How was I supposed to catch that?!