24 - Puppet

"So what happened to Dark Pit?" Pit asked me as we got out of the town.

"Since you became a ring and fell into a coma as well, it sent him into a deep sleep. Viridi is watching him for now!" I looked to the sky, "He should be waking soon if not already." I felt my heart beat faster from happiness.

-

Pit called out to Palutena in an attempt to reach her.

"Pit I don't think..." I began until a pillar of light shone on him, "Ah what a relief!" He sighed as we both got extracted out into the skies.

Wait but Palutena isn't in control of herself right now? Who is this... Ah wait. It's Viridi. I laughed to myself recognizing the color of the glow around Pits wings. It was the same color that my wings gave off when she was helping me earlier! Let's see how long it takes him to notice.

"I missed you, lady Palutena! I'm so glad you're back to lead me!" Pit smiled while I held back more laughter.

"Right. About that..." The young goddess finally spoke up sending me into a fit. I couldn't stop laughing as she explained the situation, "Please fasten your seatbelt. This is a nonstop flight to Skyworld!"

"Guess we don't have much of a choice here." He looked at me worried.

"Nope. Not really." I said excitedly, "Then I'm all in!" Pit responded with determination.

"I can't wait to go home." I closed my eyes and felt the breeze around me, imagining life before all of this.

-

We battled our way up to Skyworld fighting the underworld army with ease. The only problem was dodging flying debris and destroyed ruins that were being swept around in a storm of vortexes.

"I'm praying that Palutena is ok." Pit had a look of concern over his face.

"Praying to who? You are one confused angel." Viridi quickly commented giving me another good laugh as we finally reached our destination.

My laughter quickly faded as I saw the area. I gasped in shock as Pit spoke up again, "What? What happened here?"

"It used to be so beautiful..." I added sadly, "Look what's become of it." Viridi told us before carrying us through the islands that used to be so green and full of life. Now, they were withered and were every color of black and brown. Most buildings were collapsed and in ruins while no citizens were anywhere to be found.

"Palutena had gone off the deep end and destroyed Skyworld in the process!"

"I would say this is beyond 'off the deep end'" I mumbled.

"She is still fighting the underworld army but now she's mankind's enemy too..." Viridi had her usual tone while Pit sullenly spoke, "And to think I was so worried about her."

As we kept flying we finally made it to Palutenas temple.

"It's all beat up!" I gasped again and we came to a halt as what looked like a projection of Palutena appeared behind the temple. Like a giant version of her had come to pay us a visit.

"Well, it's been awhile, Pit." She scowled and Pit quickly began talking to her, "Its like the whole world has been turned upside down? What is going on?"

"Everything changes, Pit," She waved her hand as I saw one of the nearby islands began moving, "Even gods." She threw the massive island right at us just barely missing as Viridi pulled us out of the way, "And to be frank, I'm tired of fighting for those ungrateful humans." She began throwing more surrounding islands, "And I'm especially tired of dealing with you!"