19 - Rotten Flowers

"Hey... Dark Pit..." I was very... 'Careful' with my words. I didn't know what to think and so many thoughts were going at once I began to feel my throat tighten.

I caught his attention and he smiled; like Pit almost but he still had that Dark Pit touch to it as his eyebrows were still fairly furrowed. He waved me over, "(Y/N)! I've missed you!"

"Y-you've what now?" Each time he does anything now i'm thrown in for a loop.

"Come join us. I've been telling these lovely ladies about our adventures." He looked around as they laughed. I on the other hand, recoiled so hard mentally that I almost passed out.

-cut to before you found him-

I had walked all around the city and I couldn't find him, "Now where did you go..." I mumbled. It's only been about an hour since I started looking but somehow there was a faint nagging exhaustion as if it had been much longer. I guess it's just been so long since I've let down my guard.

I've had such a good time here but I need to make sure Dark Pit isn't getting into trouble-

"(Y/n)!" I heard a familiar voice, "How has your stay been!"

"Hey Louhi!" I waved to her with a smile, "Have you seen my friend anywhere?"

"You mean the Dark Angel? No I haven't," I frowned and she quickly spoke again, "but i'm sure the others are helping him in the spa still. Come hang out with us over here for a while!" She motioned to one of their largest, brightest buildings, "There are many games you can play here while you wait."

I was pretty set on declining and finding Dark Pit but I slipped and said yes out of kindness.

-

By the time I was able to pull myself away, I had eaten many more flower fruits and quite a few more hours had passed. I definitely need to take Dark Pit there!

- Back to current -

...n)... (Y/n)...!" I snapped out of whatever trance I was in and realized my hands were tingling, "Can I talk to you for a moment Dark Pit?"

"I'd rather stay here." He grumbled, "Is it something you have to say to me alone? What is is? A confession?" He laughed at his words and the ladies around joined in as well.

"N...No it's not. I'll just... find you later..." I awkwardly turned around and before I knew it, I was blindly walking as far as I could away from him. My vision was blurring from tears but I quickly wiped them away, "No- I will not let his words hurt me. He's Dark Pit! That's just how he is."

But he's not acting like himself. He was... social and... welcoming people around him. He wouldn't just blatantly make fun of me like that either.

I stood still for a moment longer before shaking my head. Maybe the butlers and maids around the city have been helping him become more open! Maybe he's changed but- In such a short amount of time?

My thoughts were never ending so I began walking around the city again watching the people. Everyone was very friendly, happy, and the laughed never seemed to end. That's not what a city is like normally.

"Lotus flower?" A man in a suit came up to me with a tray. My fingers grabbed a flower and I continued walking before my mind could do much. So I walked, taking small bites while trying to focus because something isn't right. Something is wrong.

I took one bite, "Well people change. That's life!" I thought before taking a second bite, "Dark Put seems to have adapted to the customs here so... Maybe I need to be more open as well and embrace what's happened to him."