6 - The Labrynth

I felt two hands grab mine. Opening my eyes I saw Pit right below me, "just look at me! You're not falling!" He smiled at me.

"Ok ok..." I looked right into his pretty eyes.
Y'know, he's pretty cute if you ask me. And he's holding my hands... I felt my cheeks get warm at the thought. The moment seemed super intimate.

"Now, try to flap your wings. It takes a bit of effort at first but it gets easier!" I nodded my head.

Using all of my energy, I flapped as hard as I could. Pit stayed holding onto my hands making my cheeks warm up more but, the distance between us grew and our arms stretched out as I slowly got higher.

"You want me to let go?"

"Uhh... maybe?" I couldn't make up my mind.

"Don't worry you can do it! And if you fall, I
will catch you don't worry!"

"Y-Yeah! Ok! I think you can let go!" I smiled as he let go of my hands. I started to go higher and higher. The higher I went the easier it got and soon I was dashing around clouds and flying like I've flown my whole life.

"I can do it! Wooooo!" I cheered. Steering back to the platform I saw Pit watching.

"You're a natural (y/n)! Now that you've got flying somewhat down, let's go eat!" Wait. I don't know how to land. Oh well it can't be that hard! Oh boy how wrong I was.

In the end I ended up crashing into Pit and taking him to the ground with me. I was sitting in his lap rubbing my head.

"I am so sorry Pit!" I quickly stood up from his lap and reached my hand out to him. He gladly took it and pulled himself up.

"Haha smooth landing!" He started to laugh and gave me finger guns, "let's go get dinner. We can work on landing another time. After dinner let's get you a weapon."

"Sweet!"
                                        ***
After dinner we ran to the weapon room. "So many weapons..." I gasped when we walked into the room.

"Most of these are too advanced for you right now so I'm going to give you what I usually use." He handed me what looked like a bow but it had blades on it?

"If you take it like this," he pulled back an invisible string, "Palutena equips me with light arrows so a string appears when in battle but if you're fighting in hand to hand combat you would do this," he pulled the bow apart to make two swords, "You would hold them like this. It's called a silver bow."
(Deal with it it)

"Cool! Can I try it out?" My eyes sparkled as I looked at it.

"Sure! But let's go out to the practice range." He led me back out side. The sun was setting. It was so beautiful!

"Wow! The view is amazing!" The sky was so many different colors! Pink, Orange, Purple, and blue!

What I didn't notice was Pit staring at me, "It is... isn't it."

"Now, What do I do first!" I held up the silver bow and held it out to him, "teach me your ways!"
                                         ***
A few hours had gone by and I had some experience with my new weapon. Pit taught me how to use it on the ground as well in the air. He also taught me some new flying tricks and how how to land properly. Ha.

"Thank you so so much Pit. What would I have done without you!" I was elated from the new things I had learned.

"It's no problem! We have a mission tomorrow morning so I'm glad you're a fast learner!"

"We?" I stopped.

"Yeah! Your going to help me bring justice!" He pumped a fist in the air, "and if anything goes wrong Palutena will extract you from battle! So no need to worry."

"Oh wow... It will be good practice I know that." I held out the weapon to examine it further, "we should rest up then. I'm exhausted!"

"Righty! Let's go."

Pit took me back to my room and we said our good nights and went to bed, "see you bright and early Pit!"

"Yup!"
                                         ***
It was the next morning and Palutena woke me and pit up, "Alright it's go time!"

Pit came in a fetched me. We ran into a dark room and a door opened that we jumped through that lead to... clouds? Not just any clouds though. We weren't anywhere near the palace.

"Your destination is Pandora's labyrinth of deceit. The reapers certainly hid it well,"

"What are you talking about? I don't see anything." Pit said in confusion but Palutena continued, "Flying through this labyrinth is very difficult (y/n). Do you think you're up for it?"

"I'm not sure but I'll do my best!" I nervously laughed. Out of nowhere a huge crack opened in front of us.

"WHOA!" Pit And I exclaimed.

"And here we have a space pocket. In you go!" Palutena informed before Pit shot forward into the 'pocket' leaving me in the dust. Racing to catch up, we flew into some sort of flashy green vortex.

"This is getting weird..." I mumbled. The vortex suddenly became a rainbow of colors as some monsters showed up out of no where.

I shot a few here and there and let me say... it's a lot harder than it looks. But I'm getting the hang of it.

"You holding up (y/n)?" Pit looked back at me.

"Yup! I just need more practice but this should be perfect for that!" I smile at him.

"You might want to hold on to each other, there's a lot of twists and turns in here and I don't want you guys to get lost in here." Pit slowed down a bit to fly next to me.

"Here take my hand." He held out his hand and smiled as I took it.

"Thanks." I felt very comforted holding his hand through all this.

"Now hold on you two. You can rest your wings (y/n), Pit will just pull you through here so you can glide for a moment." I spread my wings out and kept them steady as we flew into a hallway. We were flying at great speeds at ninety degree turns and dodging many monsters.

"If your power of flight runs out, (y/n) can still help you so I'll try to fly you through most of the labyrinth."

Suddenly, a gust of wind blew right on me with so much force, I was thrown away from pit and shot down through the wall?! I went through the wall?! What kind of trickery is this?!

"PIT!" I couldn't recover in the slightest and was spinning out of control before I was dropped into a dim room with a mirror in the middle of it.