Background

The day after, it went as normal as usual. Woke up, ate breakfast etcetera, then Garrulous had to go to work. I was told that he now works in the S.W.AT. team for the city.

"Alright, I'm off, I'll see you guys later tonight," Garrulous says, putting on a trench coat and walking out of the door, closing it behind him.

"Kay," Androida and I say, sipping our coffee. I also noticed that she was also packing food, a crossbow, and a few water bottles.

"Where are you going?" I ask to clean the dishes.

"Usually all the meat we store is fresh. Not the butcher kind of fresh, the hunted kind of fresh," she says as her teeth sharpen.

"I see," I say, packing my sythe. "Maybe I can help you with that, maybe also show you the place where I was at for the past years."

"Good idea, let's go!"

As we walked to the outskirts of the city, I could smell the plentifulness of animals like boars, cattle, and other animals.

"Shh, out there 10 meters away, there's a boar, good for some ham," she says as her mouth waters.

As Androida loads an arrow into her crossbow, she takes aim and fires, landing a straight hit on the boar's eye.

"Yes!" she cheers.

"Hey! I thought you said to keep it down!" I whisper-yell to her.

"Don't worry, it's not like anything will hun us-" We were interrupted by a loud howl.

"As you were saying?" Soon we were surrounded by wolves in the matter. I took out my pistols and took aim. Androida took her dagger out and aimed a crossbow out.

One of the wolves started to lunge at us like lighting, but nothing beats the speed of a bullet. I was able to kill the ones in front of me, but Androida had trouble as she was overrun, but a spray of bullets got her out.

I took my hand out to help her. "Thanks," she says, getting up. When we thought it was over, another pack circled around us.

"Get ready," I say, aiming at the wolves. As another was about to lunge, a photon bubble blasted the wolf into microscopic particles.

"What was that?" she asks.

"My teacher," I smiled as each wolf was blasted.

"It's good to see you again Lexus," the feminine voice says.

"It's good to see you too Fei," I say as she hops down.

Fei is a young woman. If I recall, she was one of the demihumans that we're able to escape. Along with a respirator, she has long bright red hair. She told me she's a red panda and she lived on the 3rd floor of the city. After my father's death, she instantly ran away and lived on her own until she found me on the river and nurtured me.

"Lexus!" she hugs me, "how have you been? How's the city?"

My face was dug in her chest. "Mmm-hmm!"

Androida looked at her chest and pouted, "I think you're suffocating him."

"I think he's fine, he's used to it," Fei chuckles.

No, I'm not...

As Fei lets go of me, she leads up to her house. It was a stone cabin, nothing too big, nothing too small. It was more about what's on the inside that mattered. As we walked in, there were thousands of computers, machines, and tools. Fei used to work in the armory in the City's armory so she got her hands on advanced tools and ideals.

"It looks like you've been busy for the past two days."

"It's been two days!?" she says.

"I mean, yeah. Don't tell me you didn't go out for a few days again," I say.

Fei chuckles, "No..."

I sigh.

"So you must be one of Lexus' old friends right?" Fei says.

"Y-Yes, I'm Androida Phobos."

At an instant, Fei instantly went for her, patting her head. "I'm sorry, but when I say you I wanted to do this!"

"N-no, stop!" she says purring as her tails start waggling.

Fei lets go and clears her throat. "So what are you guys doing in the woods?"

"We just went out hunting."

"Hey, Fei, I want to ask you something," I say.

She turns towards me, "Sure?"

"I-I, I want you to help me retake the city."

"What? Just with you two?"

"We have a third, but another old friend of mine gave me a beacon to a rebellion underneath the city."

"Like a fourth floor?"

"Something like that, but it's kept a secret by my father."

"I'll see what I can do."