Recognition

As Androida and I headed back to the city, I saw Garrulous on patrol around the city. We waved and he waved back. A man told us to step aside and see a row of soldiers. They seemed different than the ones before. They were more robotic than human, then to my surprise, I saw a familiar face.

Her face was covered by a mask, but I recognized her. I thought she died in the attack. Of course, she looked different. Her legs were made out of robot parts and her outfit I would assume serves her rank. She dawns hair whiter than the moon, like Father's and yes the colors of hell like mothers. I have to confront her.

As I stepped forward, I was stopped by Androida. "Why'd you stop me?"

"You have to stay away," she says.

"It's her, the person in the front...It's my sister."

"Really?"

"I remember everything about her. She was my protector through and through. She taught me the basics of fighting. When he came and took everything, she tried to fight back, risking her life. I thought she was dead."

"Apparently she's well alive."

I clenched my fist and looked down.

"Lexus? What's wrong?" she asks.

"We have to get her back..." I grudged.

"Are you crazy? You're talking about the world's strongest army and you want to basically kidnap their high commander?"

"Yeah."

"I,-" she says in shock, "then if it's for the sake of the old city, I'll help."

"Thank you a lot," I pat her head. "We can ask Garrulous for help and information about the military base."

"Sounds like a plan," she says as we make our way home.

Soon, Garrulous came exhausted, "Hey guys." He says, taking off his jacket.

"Hey Garrulous, have you ever been to the military base before?" I ask him, throwing him a can of cola.

"A little bit, why is that?"

"My sister...I thought she died in the attack, but it turns out that she's the highest in command of the army now."

"Oh, you're talking about Forsaken huh?"

"Forsaken?" I ask, curious about the name.

"Yeah, I fought alongside her against the demihumans. It was quite a fight. Without her I wouldn't be here still now."

"So she still has a heart..."

"I mean yeah, of course, she sounds and acts differently than the last time I spoke with her, to be honest. Her actions and the way she spoke was almost robotic. I mean, she is now a cyborg."

"It's like her memories were wiped out completely," I think.

"Possibly, I don't know what they do in the lab within the science area."

"Do you know a way to the science lab? Maybe her memories are in some sort of capsule."

"I know the shortest way there so we don't get caught. Trust me, that lab is highly secured. I remember they were talking about using robots as new soldiers and they're tougher than before. Kinda like the royal guards that you guys had."

"So we need better weapons...I don't know if my pistols can penetrate through their armor..."

Garrulous opens a cabinet and takes out a case that carries three batons. "These should work. They're electrical stun batons. The trigger here on the other side of the release should send about 90 thousand somewhat volts though."

"Are you kidding me?" Androida says. "This isn't even a stun tool, it's a full-on murder weapon!"

"What can I say? The military's got some overkill shit."

I grabbed one of the buttons and activated it. A long blade sprung up. The blade had a curved angle to it and the tip was sharp. This thing was meant to penetrate deep into flesh and metal. As I pull the trigger, a burst of lightning is shot across the blade.

"Woah..."

"Anyway, let's check in on what we got to get your sister back."