Chapter 5: Who is that girl?

Cullens' POV

I look to see Laqueta sitting on the ground petting a fox made out of fire. She seemed to be lost in thought, far away from reality. Why is she so drastically different? How could losing memories affect someone's behavior this much? I summon my elemental animal, it was a bird-type creature, I let it fly off above me. A smirk upon my face as I thought of scaring Laqueta. I created a small spike from the ground.

The spike began heading towards Laqueta, she noticed it. It was right at the girl's throat, it was as sharp as a sword and as strong as enchanted metal. The girl looked at the spike, her expression didn't change. Is she waiting for it to kill her!? She didn't even react!?

A bright fire expanded from the fox, before I knew it the spell I cast was undone. I watched as she just calmly looked down at the fox and started petting it again.

I walked over to look down at her, she looked back at me, soulless eyes. There it is again, the ominous energy. Where is it coming from?

Is this Laqueta? She is nothing like before... Did she lose her memories? No... she just wants me to notice her, feel pity for her... Perhaps this is just some twin sister she never dared to mention. The boy had many questions, and none of them were getting answered.

"I like your animal." the girl complimented me, I cringed, I guess she is back to her senses. I look at the girl sitting on the ground, the fox on her lap, how is she holding that thing, it like holding molten lava, I cover my eyes a bit blocking the light the animal was emitting.

"Stop pretending and act like a brat already," I told her as I walked away from the girl. I hear a soft chuckle and then someone speaking.

"I mean, we wouldn't want two brats." I heard.

I look behind me to see the girl getting up while holding the fox in her hands as if it was a doll. Am I hearing things? Did she say that... it didn't sound like her. I kept walking as I shook my head. It must've been her... I refuse to believe that I am hearing her annoying voice in my head.

Time skip: Break time.

Following the male lead's group of friends.

"Hey, Cullen? How has class been? I heard that the brat is back." a boy with light blue hair said sitting on a table with 2 other boys.

" I'm doing fine, Ed." the white-haired boy said as he sat down on a table with his Brother's younger brother.

" Wait the brat is back?" A boy asked, he had black hair and blue eyes, blue as a sapphire.

" Yeah, I saw her walking behind Professor Garrett," Edward said.

" She was in my classes, the teachers told us that she lost her memories. But I don't buy it." Cullen announced as a butler delivered their food. There was an empty seat next to the boys. That is where Laqueta was supposed to sit since she was meant to marry Cullen.

" She lost her memories?" A boy with blonde hair and black eyes questioned.

" Apparently. She's been acting weird all day. Let me tell you this, she was paying attention to class instead of flirting with me." Cullen exclaimed to the group, they all had the same expression, shocked.

" Pssh, sure dude. The next thing you're going to tell me is that she listened to the teacher." Edward joked. The boys laughed. Cullen didn't laugh.

" I was going to tell you guys about that." Cullen stated.

" Speaking of the brat. Where is she? She is late, father has eyes watching everywhere if she isn't here, he'll assume that I told her off." The green-eyed boy stated as she scanned the area for her. As he began to scan the area, a girl entered and was escorted by Cullen's homeroom teacher. The teacher points at the group of boys sitting, then after the girl nodded, the professor left the cafeteria. Cullen's face looked at the girl, her hair was drenched, and it seemed that she had a change of clothing.