Chapter 18 : Disaster averted... kinda

I saw the girl in the corner of my eye, I hid to the side of Emma to lower the chances of me being spotted by the brat. I luckly lost sight of the girl, and if I can't see her she can't see me, god I'm thinking like a 12 year old, oh wait... I am a twelve year old.

I see the wooden cart and head towards it with Emma, the cart now contains many supplies, mostly vegetables and fruit, Emma helped me up to get on the cart, putting the boxed dress beside me.

David and Ava were in the distance, close enough to see them and hear them argue.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M THE DUMB ONE!?"

"YOU HEARD ME DAVE! YOU MESSED UP THAT ARIEN LETTUCE ORDER!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN!? I HAVE IT RIGHT HERE!" David yelled, his voice going higher as he asked a question.

"YEAH! BUT IT COULD HAVE COST LESS IF YOU DIDN'T START SNOOPING AROUND THE SHOP AND PICKING THINGS UP" Avagaline scolded.

"Umm... guys..." Emma spoke, trying to get their attention.

"WELL AT LEAST I'M CARRYING THINGS AND YOU AREN'T! ALSO I WAS THE ONE WHO PAID!!" David pushed the bag of produce onto Ava's face.

"YOU'RE THE ONE WITH THE SACK OF MONEY THAT NOBLE LADY ADRIA GAVE US, YOU BIG LUG." Ava smacked the back of David's head making the tall slender man tip over.

"AVA! DAVE! STOP NOW!" Emma yelled, sounding annoyed towards the two arguing about something so insignificant.

They stopped and stared at Emma, both seeming to be scared.

"Ahahaha.... Hi Emmie." Ava said, a sweet, yet nervous voice coming out of her mouth. Dave just backed away a bit from Emma, basically using Ava as a shield.

"You two got everything?" Emma asked, pinching the bridge of her nose, clearly fed up at the moment.

"Yes Emma." Ava said, a charming smile on her face, she was emitting a nervous feeling around her.

"Alright, let's head to the manor before I lose my patients with you two." Emma said, Dave and Ava squeaked, they clearly were scared.

=====5 minutes later=====

I sat at the back, Emma was not driving this time, Dave was the one at the front wielding the horse's leashes to drive. I looked at Emma, curious if she had magic like her sister, and if she was related to a noble.

"Laqueta? Why are you staring at me?" Emma questioned.

"Do you have magic like your sister?" I question.

"I knew you were going to ask me that. Anyway, yes I have magic."

"What type? Are you an element magic user?" I asked, curious about what she is going to answer.

"Well my family has a different type of magic, we call it industrial magic, it's not a element but, it helps us do specific jobs better and faster, like my sister, she has thread magic, she can control thread and she found out how to use her magic properly, making her dresses look more clean also she saved some money for supplies due to her not needing to buy thread." Emma tried to explain.

"Your family has rare magic! That's so amazing."

"Indeed, people around the manor have magic too y'know, most of them are at the range of Common to rare." Emma explained.

"Your dear parents have picked the maids and butler to be well-mannered and have magic to defend their daughter, in other words, defend you." Emma poked my nose.

"But what is your type of magic?" I ask, she explained many things, but she didn't reveal what her magic was.

"Oh, that's simple I can make things float, I only use the magic sometimes and only use it to lift heavy things." Emma explained.

"Isn't that gravity magic?" I question, she shook her head in response.

"Gravity magic is only amongst nobles and this type of magic does not have the right properties to be classified as gravity magic." Emma answered, for a servant she was rather smart, her intelligence was above an average for a commoner.

"So all you can do is make things float? Can you control when the material stops floating?" I tilt my head in curiosity

"Yes I can control when the item comes down, but most of the time I can't gently put the item down gently to the ground when it is not in my reaches." Emma glared at Dave and Ava, I have a hunch why they are so afraid of Emma now.

"I guess that's the difference between your magic and gravity magic, you can't manipulate gravity to crush things by sheer force." I say, concluding all my thoughts and the difference between gravity and her floating magic. Emma nods in agreement.

"Aren't you an intelligent girl." Emma said, petting my head, she seemed proud.

"Thank god you aren't bratty like before, I sometimes wonder how your mother could stand a daughter that always mistreated her and the staff." Emma sighed, she pondered about this question for a while, ever since she started working at the manor, a question always lingering at the back of her mind, she never thought she would have the guts to ask it.

"I mistreated people?" I was ready to apologize for all the rude and incorrect things I have done to Emma, Dave, and Ava.

"Oh no, dear Laqueta you are fine, we know you don't remember any of that, and you've clearly shown no intention of leading harm towards us. This might sound a bit rude, but I hated you before you lost your memories, you were not bearable at all, now you are just a sweet young girl trying her best to make up for mistakes she doesn't even remember." Ava said, jumping into the conversation.

"I'm sorry if I mistreated all of you in the past." I, feeling guilty of the actions of old Laqueta.

"It's alright Laqueta, we'd happily protect you, you no longer are cruel towards people that are lower than you and no longer have sights on something unobtainable." Emma said, a smile on her face, petting the girl.

"Don't worry about anything Laqueta, we forgive you, even though you are technically not the same person." Emma spoke. I smiled, and watched the scenery around me as we headed back to the manor.

=====30 minutes later=====

We arrive back at the manor, we step out of the cart, Emma lifts me off the cart and gently to the ground. As we do, Dave took the cart and headed towards a road path leading to the backyard of the mansion, I assume there is a place where he can easily deliver the produce to the kitchen back there, or he just needed to put back the horses in their stables, either way, he was long gone.

"That was a fun trip, sorry we didn't get to visit more places, perhaps we can explore next time you get to go to town." Emma said, the box that contained the dress was in her hands.

"Oh, wait Emma, I have a gift for you in my room. Follow me." I tell her, she smiles and follows me to the entrance of the mansion, in the manor I noticed talking, more talking than usual.