Chapter 21 : Breaking the marriage

A small dog with a fluffy tail came out of the shadow, stretching it's tiny legs and locking eyes with it's owner, Laqueta. 

"Kel! come here girl." Laqueta motioned for the creature to jump in her arms, and so it did. 

"Those stupid people are annoying, right Kel?" Laqueta asked, standing up carrying her pet, she started to head for her room. The creature barked in agreement. 

"I love you so much Kel." Laqueta hugged the creature, it was a present from her parents on her birthday, Laqueta told her parents not to invite anyone so they didn't instead they got their daughter a magical creature of her own, it can change forms, one that can protect and the other is just a form so Laqueta can care for it. 

"How was your nap?" Laqueta petted the creature, she always wanted a dog, but when she was in her other lives, she was either too poor or her care takers would take it away and give it to someone else they liked more.

"Despite looking like a puppy, you act more like a cat." Laqueta laughed to herself, setting down the dog on a dog bed next to her own bed. 

"All you do is sleep." Laqueta sighed, setting herself on the bed. 

I'll have to talk to the Emperor with Cullen to break this engagement, I hope he is understanding... The final string I need to bend to change my fate a bit, sadly a bend will eventually straighten out but, at least I can try. The dark-haird girl felt her eyes were heavy and so she let her tiredness finally consume her, after all, she'll seek and audience with his majesty soon. 

----

Emma got me ready to enter the palace, I requested the for an audience and I got the green light.  Laqueta looked at Kel, sleeping, a sigh escaping her mouth.

"Aww you're so cute Laqueta!~" Emma smiled, dressing the girl up, Laqueta kept her blank expression but Emma could tell that Laqueta was a bit embarrassed. Emma finished doing Laqueta's hair and she was finished, she looked very beautiful in Emma's eyes. 

"Awww Lady Laqueta has become more beautiful. Alright, the carriage is ready." Emma smiled petting the girl, her expression was still blank.

"Okay, off I go. Wish me luck Emma." Laqueta gets up and stretches, Emma nods and they head down the stairs and to the main entrance were the carriage was waiting. 

"I'll be back!" Laqueta reassured her caring maid, Emma nodded, she knows she'll be back. 

----

I arrived, it was a long ride, longer than I remembered, I entered and was escorted to see the Emperor, he was also dressed up. There kneeling on the ground was Cullen and Edward. 

"Ah. You've arrived." The emperor spoke his voice was kind but it boom around the room. 

"My heir to the throne has explained the situation." The emperor looked like Cullen but with the same eye color as Edward, blood red. 

"Why do you wish to break the engagement with my son, Laqueta Adria?" The king asked, a bit curious.

" We both don't like each other." Laqueta answered, the Emperor was appalled, Laqueta has wanted to marry Cullen since they met, it was such a cute sight too, Laqueta clingy herself to the prince like he was a light and she a moth. 

"Yes Father. We both do not wish to be married, please father reconsider." Cullen begged, Laqueta walked forward more right behind Cullen. 

"I knew one day this was going to happen." The emperor sighed, he was disappointed in a sense, he just wanted his children to marry his best-friends child, but sadly it doesn't seem possible. 

"I'm not breaking the engagement." The emperor's voice echoed throughout the throne room.

"BUT FATHER!" Cullen was going to add more but the king raise his hand to stop him from speaking more. 

"You both will marry whom ever you want to but, until you find a partner or one of you finds a partner, the engagement will stay, and if you don't fine one until your engagment age, which is 20, you two will have to marry." the king announced, for once Laqueta's expression had a some what surprised expression. 

"Thank you father." Cullen finally rose up, Laqueta bowed ready to take her leave. 

"Laqueta." The king called her name. 

"Yes your majesty?" 

"Good luck." His majesty said and soon got up and left the room through a different door.  Laqueta nodded, he looked at Cullen, and just like that. She managed to change something that would lead to her demise in this life. 

"Well, this is where our paths split dear prince." the girl stared at the boy. 

"Indeed Lady Laqueta, let's never see each other  ever again." Cullen put his hand out for her to shake. 

"Mhmm." The girl took his hand, Laqueta's grip was gentle to a fault, they shook on it and Laqueta smirked and left the room, being escorted by a guard. 

that was easier than I thought, I guess this world's thought out plan can easily be changed. I guess I don't have to please the male leads because I have nothing to do with them... but just in case I'll plan a little more.  Laqueta entered the carriage, ready to head home, and so she does. 

---

"Cullen." A womans voice, a cold voice. 

"Mother..." Cullen felt himself freeze in fear. The woman had light blue hair and green emerald eyes like him, a fan covering her mouth and nose. "How disappointing, even Laqueta doesn't like a failure like you." the woman spoke coldly walking down the hall, her servants followed looking at Cullen with a sorry expression. "You failure." His mother spoke under her breathe as she left his sights. Cullen felt tears going down his face, he was upset, his mother could never be proud of him, Laqueta has parents that support her no matter what... so why... why not him, he is a prince. 

Laqueta played with her hair, she felt lighter, as if weights were lifted off her heart. She made a jewel that resembled Cullen's eye color, she quite like the color of his eyes and also that boy in a white suite.

"Don't worry child, I know you won't regret your decision." Laqueta mumbled under her breath, Laqueta can tell when someone is in mental pain and Cullen is under a lot of stress and self doubt despite how he acts, he is just hurt... like the rest of them but, I'm not the one who is meant to help you.

Though our paths are separated right now, in the future our paths with cross once again and then everyone will meet at the same point, I know fate will make things happen, it's just going to happen a little differently. 

---------

A/N

mmmm yees plot going to start soon

heheh

-sky