Chapter 15: Fooled

(Laqueta's Pov)

I watched as another person perform, they seemed to have fire magic, they might be related to the gym teacher because they had fox spirit magic. The person on the stage just performed a dance with fire, it was rather entertaining.

When they finished people clapped, as did I, and they went off the stage heading to the gym teacher, they are related.

Wait... do I still have the earth magic? Or has it been replaced by the creation magic? I question. I put my hand out and tried to do something with the dirt in the flower pot. The flower turned into some enchanted material I could not identify.

I put my hand down.

"How did that happen?" I asked myself in a quiet mumble.

Axel and Edward went to a biscuit, and they noticed the flower turned crystallized.

"Woah, Ed, look at that," Axel said pointing at the flower.

"That flower is not meant to do that type of thing," Edward said, shocked at what the flower is. He reached for the flower and touched it to examine the material, as he touched it a puff of red mist came from the pollen part of the flower, it smelt like a normal flower. Edward acted quickly and used his wind magic to capture the mist into a spinning vortex of air, it was orb-shaped.

I stared at the flower and slowly moved myself to touch one of the petals of the flowers, before I could, Axel lightly grabbed my wrist and as I looked at him, he had an expression that told me not to touch it.

"I don't think that's safe to touch, Laqueta," he spoke his mind. Axel let go of my wrist and I looked at the orb that contained the red mist. The mist mixed with the wind Edward created, but it was still contained to one spot. It was just on the table, it didn't affect anything around it, the wind was very controlled to the point it just looked like a bubble.

I yawn, it was getting late, around 5 more people went on stage, I decided that I didn't have any magic that I could show off. The performances of the five children were okay, it just didn't catch my attention.

The stage soon dropped to the ground and disappeared. The servants move the tables and chairs back to their original positions. The king clapped his hands and swiftly the servants had set up a buffet along with a large table in the ballroom. There were many meals prepared, almost none of them I recognized. 

Servants came to everyone's table and brought with them a cart of utensils and plates. The servants set up plates on the table I was sitting at, soon the dark-haired boy and the miss grass hair joined us, Edward had left to sit with his father and brother. 

The girl scoffed as she looked at me.

"I can't believe you have the nerve to stay here, Laqueta," the mint-haired girl said.  I look at her with my blank expression and dull eyes. 

"I can't believe you have the nerve to talk to me. I don't even know who you are, nor do I want to know." I say, bitterness in my tone. The girl scrunches her face into a face of absolute disgust. 

This BRAT! If this is bearable for this group of boys, how bad would Laqueta have been if this girl has the guts to hate me!?

" If you wanted to be left alone, you wouldn't start talking to me. It just looks like your making an excuse to turn everyone against me." I say taking a bite from a biscuit in my hand. The girl glared at me. 

"Well-"

"Well what? You're still  talking to me and complain that I won't leave you alone." I say, my voice was monotone. The girl opened her mouth, I put a finger up to shut her up. 

"Sorry about Dorothy." Axel whispered to me.

"You were her rival." He said. I look at him a confused expression on my face. I shook the sentence off. I looked outside a window of the ballroom, it was dark outside, there were many stars in the dark sky, it was a sight to behold.

Fantasy worlds work in different way.