Chapter 11: a meeting

I sat down at the throne, I was obeying my new parents, they were kind but I wished to slap my father across the face at that moment. I felt defeated, like a defensive puppy, embarrassing.

I've been alive longer my own parents, why do I feel like a child!?
I hid my embarrassment and frustration behind my blank face, I looked at Cullen as he sat down next to me, the presents that I created sitting on his lap. The king greeted me and my parents sat down at a table that seemed to have been set just for them sitting there.

I noticed that there were stacks of presents at the side of the room, I assumed that I was meant to put my present there... I looked over my shoulder to see that Cullen had started to open the present, well one of the presents, he handed the other to his brother, Edward. I watched as people around the room turned around and started to look upon the prince, the future ruler of this Empire.

He opened the present that contained the sword that I made, it was practically indestructible and forever sharp. As he opened the gift and took out the sword, gasps around the room were heard. The face of Cullen was plastered with pure joy, he examined the sword, mostly the rare gems that were in the sword. He noticed that the iron was combined with enchanted diamond and the handle was pure gold with enchanted rubies on the side handle.

The people knew how hard it is to get a hold of those materials, mostly the enchanted diamond and rubies. He took a swing with the sword as he stood up, it was fast, barely any force holding it back.

"Oh my, that is quite the gift, Laqueta." The king spoke, putting all the attention towards her, people stared at her with a face of hatred, they were jealous, their presents looked minuscule compared to hers. I looked back at the crowd of people giving me an intense glare, I just imagined that they were Alyssa, my sister. The crowd noticed and got a bit scared.

"Who did you commission to create this sword in such a short time?", Cullen asked me, I looked up with my dull lifeless eyes. The king noticed that my eyes seemed different from what he remembered, he shook it off, he didn't remember appearances well, perhaps he just remembered wrong.

I tilted my head, confused. Then, Edward opened the gift that his brother handed to him, there rested a crystal, a crystal that could make any type of magic, powerful, including non-mythic magic. As the boy opened the box a light reflected off the crystal, the color-matched the boy's hair, light blue. I saw this gem in books but all I know is that it can enhance magic and it was extremely rare.

I watched as people around the room stared at the boy to take out the crystal, it wasn't cut so it was still a pure crystal. My mother stood up in shock, her eyes shining with the intent of having it. My father poked her shoulder and she sat back down, gaining her calmness.

"Is that an Enchanted Crystalina?" The king asked as he put the hand out for Edward to hand it to him, Edward got the motion and set it down on his father's hand. I nod in response to the question. I could hear people whisper about me, it bothered me, I saw one of our teachers in the back of the ballroom and there was his elemental animal, the fox. I wave at the teacher and the animal.

"Dear brother Edward Aimilios the II, want to trade?" Cullen asked sweetly, trying to paint himself as a kind person. The boy wheezed and then abruptly responded with a no.

"But it's my birthday," Cullen said, hoping that his little brother felt pity for him.

" But you said we'd spilt the presents, and so, this is mine now, no going back on your word," Edward whispered to his brother, their father still examining the gem. Laqueta could hear this conversation and it was a bit childish for a 13-year-old and an 11-year-old.

" Plus, that sword must've been really expensive for the Adria Family, at least accept it," Edward told his brother while looking back at me, I tilt my head, expecting something in the sort of a thank you.

"Erm... thanks for the gift... House of Adria..." Cullen quietly spoke, I felt a bit of joy, I didn't want to show it so I nodded.

" You're welcome, Prince Cullen" a sweet sounding yet monotone voice coming out. 

"If you please excuse me... I wish to sit with my parents." I say to the king, he nods and I started to head down the few steps, a few feet away from the thrones, and sat down at a table with mother and father. As I sat down the king announces the festivities are about to begin.

" Sweetie, where'd you get that enchanted Crystalina?" Mother asked, her businesswoman side showing, she wished for that gem.

"I don't remember, I also don't remember how I got that sword." I lie through my teeth, making up lies as I go, I feel guilty for this action, but some things are not meant to be known by others. 

 "Oh my, Crystalina is hard to get and Enchanted Crystalina is close to impossible." the woman told, a bit of amazement in her tone, I could hear a bit of envy in her voice. 

I looked to the left of me, a few meals appetizers and some treats on a table covered with a white table cloth. Have they invented potato chips in this world...?  I ask myself as I scan the food. 

"Pardon me, mother and father, I'll be heading to that table." I say as I get up and fix my dress, heading towards the table to see the options, mostly keeping my eye out for some chips. I sigh, all I could see are biscuits and chocolate treats, and some fruits that are only existing in this world. I walked over and grabbed a chocolate treat, it tasted like dark chocolate. 

I hear music playing and people getting up to dance, I watch as everyone elegantly danced with their partners around the room, the woman's outfits making their dances look more elegant. I see my parents get up and begin to dance, once they did everyone else stopped to watch. 

Mother and father were beautiful people, that's why they always get people's attention in the room. I watched them dance to the music being played by a small orchestra. I watch the two, I could tell they loved each other with all of their hearts, unlike some of the past parents I had...

As I watch I swayed my head to the music, enjoying the sound, it wasn't like the music I am used to as Rose, but it was calming. I ate another treat, then I see a boy with dark hair in a white suit come to the floor with a girl interlocking with his arm. Isn't that love interest for the protagonist? I say to myself as I watch the two, the boy seemed to be in love with the girl clingy to his arm, young love... Disgusting. 

I noticed that there was a trio of boys, they were all the love interest for the protagonist. I watched the boy in the white suit walk with the girl, and get into the waltz position, they looked at each other and they smiled.

I take look to the side see a door opened leading to a balcony of the castle, I head over there seeing that the sun was just setting. As I left the ballroom a breeze rolls over me. 

'Aah... Fresh air.' I say while stretching. I could still hear the music, I leaned against the marble railing with a Victorian design. I started to hum a song, it wasn't my favorite, but it was still nice. I swayed to the music and started to sing a song I remembered very well. 

My voice was sweet, I've been singing for thousands of years, I already knew how to improve my voice so I could sing nicely very quickly. Though it took a while to make this voice sound pleasant since my dear parents let my singing voice a pain to use, I was all over the place, I can only sing softly for now, nothing special.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd person's POV

A group of boys was talking then they heard a singing voice, a voice they did not recognize, and a song they never have heard of before. A boy with blonde hair spoke.

"I'll check it out, you just stay at your party birthday boy." he teased, Cullen rolled his eyes, he smacked the back of the boy's head. 

"Go ahead Axel, Edward and I are just going to watch lover boy over there." Cullen spoke pointing at the boy with dark hair and a white suit.

The blonde-haired boy listened for the voice and headed in that direction. He arrived to see dark blue hair flowing in the wind. The boy looked on and saw Laqueta, he was confused, he knew that the girl sounded like a screeching Phoenix when she sang, and so he looked around the area for anyone else that could be singing. 

The blonde boy looked at the girl, the song she sang was lovely, he has never heard of this song before, he silently watched the girl sing and sway with the song. He noticed a bird had perched on the railing, it seemed to be also listening to the song. The girl stopped.

" What do you want?" The girl asked. The boy opened his mouth to answer, but before he could the bird chirped

"Why did I even ask, I don't speak bird. I'm just that alone... heh... go home birdie." The girl joked. The bird seemed to nod and fly away. 

"Now, what do you want?" the girl asked as she turned around. 

"I was looking for the singing voice, but all I found was a rat." The boy said, cringing as he looked at the girl. 

'Oh god, we got a 12-year-old b**** boy over here.' Laqueta said in her head, she looked annoyed, she took a deep breath and collected herself. Her expression was back to being blank.

"Alright. Leave." Laqueta said coldly, she heads towards the boy.

"Who are you to tell me what to do? LAQUETA." The boy said annoyed, he was taller than her, and he clearly did not like her at all.