Chapter 12: Dance

Rose's POV (Laqueta POV) 

I watch as the boy in the white suit dance with the green haired girl. They are a sight to behold, their movements are perfect and their outfits contrast yet, they seem perfect for each other. 

I talk to Axel and head towards his friend group containing the other male leads. As we walk up to them, I could hear them talking about the boy and the girl dancing. Axel sat down, and I sat down after him, Cullen stopped talking and so did Edward, they waved at me and their friend Axel.

"Hello, Laqueta." the youngest spoke, a small smile appeared as he spoke, perhaps Edward isn't as vulnerable as I thought since that smile... is fake. 

I wave at him. Axel took a biscuit from a basket at the table we sat down at, he split it and gave it to me. I take it and take a bite out of it. 

I listen to the music and sway with the smooth rhythm. I hear a familiar instrument, I froze as I hear it. I looked up to see someone on a grand piano playing some waltz music. Something feels off, when I used to hear piano music a sense of complete sadness would roll over me... now I didn't feel anything, perhaps I can control my past lives a bit better, along with their emotions.

"Laqueta?" I hear a voice calling out to me, I blink and regain senses of the world around me. 

"Huh..? What is it?"I ask as I look for the person who called for my name.

"My father told me I had to dance with you. Do you remember how to waltz?" Cullen asked as he was offering a hand towards me. I knew how to waltz, my last life was similar to this one, the only difference is that it's not modern and my parents aren't cruel, devious people- plus there is magic. 

I looked up at the boy, I nod and took his hand as I got up.

" I remember... I think." I say, the boy sighed as he led towards the dance floor, he snapped and the king told the musicians to change the music. 

The boy in the white suit and the girl stopped dancing, they stared at us for a bit. The boy looked at me and Cullen as if he was saying 'are you challenging us?'. He looked at me and then snarled, I thought Cullen and Edward told them I changed. 

I felt a quick movement, and suddenly I was facing the boy in the waltz position .

He smiled, I started to get into the rhythm of the dance

The boy in the white suit also began dancing, people had started to look at us and the two lovebirds. 

We danced at opposite sides of the dance floor, Cullen and my movements contrast with the lovers on the other side. 

"They are making this a competition." I say as I look to the side of the ballroom. Cullen had a shock expression on his face once I spoke.

"I'm sorry, your voice is different from what I remembered. You have a whole different... slang and tone." Cullen said, an awkward laugh came from this comment. 

"Uh huh, I understand. I have not spoken with you for a while." 

"Why haven't you gone to the school?" He asked as he spun me around. 

"I got into a predicament and got injured." I replied as we got back to normal waltzing, I noticed that the lovers were gaining more attention than me and Cullen, I thank the gods for that. 

"You got injured? You look fine, you weren't that long gone away from school." He replied raising his eyebrows.

"I agree, I look completely healthy, it was strange when I woke up and saw most of the cuts gone." I say in my blank expression.

"Are you perhaps lying..?" Cullen asked. 

"Why would I lie?" I raise my eyebrow.

"To make me feel pity, of course." Cullen replied as he leads me closer towards the middle of the ballroom.

"And why would I wish for you to feel pity for I?" I asked.

"To win my favor of lending you a hand in marriage." He responded straightening his back.

"Hmm... I would rather not marry you, Prince Cullen." I bluntly replied. A shock expression on Cullen's face appeared. 

"Getting bold aren't you now?" he asked with a chuckle. 

"No, just not knowing why I would wish to marry you." our eyes meet, Cullen seemed to be checking if I was lying, I doubt he could.

"I'm not sure if you're Laqueta or a whole different person." He said with a sigh. Different person? Where did he think of that. I sarcastically thought to myself, I am after all.  

"Hmm... I'm pretty sure I'm Laqueta." I say as the music started to end .

"You don't act like Laqueta, nor do your eyes look like hers." He replied. 

"You've got a point there, but in my defense I don't remember how I acted, nor do I wish to act like a brat." I replied as the music ended, I could tell some eyes were looking at me.

"You're too logical to be Laqueta." He said as he got out of the waltz position to stand straight. 

"And you're rude to point out things about someone that they didn't allow you to point at." I replied. I hear the ballroom get louder with some conversations, I could sense someone approaching me and Cullen. 

"As you can tell we had most of the attention, Laqueta

"As you can tell we had most of the attention, Laqueta." The green haired girl taunted. I tilt my head. 

"Uh... cool..." I say while lifting my hand up to create a thumbs up. The green haired girl raised her eyebrow as she inspected the girl. 

"You're not Laqueta." The girl bluntly spoke. I took a breath, but then something came over me. 

"Sorry, if you just came here to say that, LEAVE." I say as I furrowed my eyebrows, I will make all sure to avoid her in the future. She froze, a slight nervousness on her face as she started to leave, holding the boy in the white suit's hand. 

I left the main dance floor as more people had started to flock around to Dance. 

I hate parties, filled with those type of people, wanting everything to be a competition. 

================================================================================
Word count : 1136

!!!EDITED!!!

A/n!!!!1

yoooo it's me, 
these chapters are rather sloppy, I'm a new writer
I will start editing some chapters for incorrect vocabulary or grammar errors

-sky (chapter 12 pog)