Abala 23

𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝐊𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭

𝐋𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐳𝐨'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕

I sat across Liam and Leone at the conference table listening to the details of the past shipment that was interfered with. I crossed my arms around my chest as Adrian spoke "We need better security at the warehouses and clubs" He sneered as he looked in my direction.

I fixed my position and responded "They already do"

"If they had it this wouldn't have happened in the first place" He hinted as he looked at Leone. Kiss ass.

I raised my brow questioning his intentions "Or maybe the security aka you, don't know how to do their fucking job" I said in between gritted teeth.

I was fucking tired of Adrian and his attempts to make me look like a bad leader, and more in front of Leone.

He didn't reply but I could feel Leone's cold eyes burning into me. The rest of the meeting went on as planned.

They all stood up, said their goodbyes, and left to do their jobs. "Lorenzo, what the fuck was all that about?" Leone came up to me and spoke with the same cold tone as always.

"Nothing that concerns you"

He sharply exhaled and tug at his tie "It concerns me when you bring it to the meeting table"

He gave me a look that brings back memories.

Dad passed me the loaded pistol with a single target, the man who was bleeding to death in front of me.

"Why do I have to do this?" I sought him. This was the first time I ever saw such imagery.

"This will make you a made man, you will be stronger"

"This will make you a made man, you will be stronger" He answered as he took my hand a hand me the gun.

I looked at the steel object, it was heavy, and pointed it at the man. I couldn't move, so I turned to my father who had a cold and distant look as he repeated his words "You're weak. You feel too much"

My hands were stained with blood at the young age of ten.

"Don't worry, I won't ever talk unless it's work-related" I grinned ironically and left the room. Before closing up the door I turned around "Careful, I may think you actually cared for me" I taunted him.

"You shouldn't care so much, Lorenzo"

~~~