chapter 1

𝐒𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬

𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐚'𝐬 𝐏

𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕

Shit, shit, shit, shit. Oh God, I'm going to be late again. I kicked the sheets off me, I just know that the sheets feel heavier in the morning.

I rushed into the bathroom trying to accelerate the process of getting ready, I had less than twenty minutes to be ready and honestly, I know I won't be ready by then. "Crap" I let a mute scream out when the fucking deodorant dropped down my feet and the toothbrush followed it after.

I'm gonna fucking kill myself.

I swear everything goes wrong whenever you're in a hurry.

"Ok, I don't have time to look for something cute to wear right now" I hurried out of the bathroom with the towel around my body because I sleep naked, it's much more comfortable and it gives my body time to breathe.

My work schedule is not as flexible as I would like but hey, something is something. I worked six days a week and the salary is not that good but it is what it is.

I am a bartender and quite good, that's probably the reason why I'm still employed after being late more than ten times. That's another thing about me, I'm kind of irresponsible. Just a little.

I sighed.

Checking my phone just to see the time, I realized I had sixteen missed calls from Zara, also known as my best friend. You see, at this moment I knew I was fucked, she is that person that only texts, so when she calls it's either she has something to say or she is about to curse the fuck out of you. I nervously settled the phone on the nightstand and hurried to my closet to get some apparel.

The quickest thing I found was some high-waisted black jeans and a grey crop top, literally on the floor. I needed to organize this mess.

After picking up the clothes from the floor, I ran to my underwear rack. Searching the drawers I found nothing to match. I ended up putting on a red bra with green panties, on top of that I put on my jeans with a big black t-shirt because, I wasn't feeling the crop top today. Black is my happy color. Tripping over my own feet I found some high white converse, they looked like they were going through it. In the end, I ended up liking the outfit, I liked that most of the tattoos on my arms were visible. I fucking love them.

My biggest flex was my tattoos. They covered at least fifty percent of my body. Lovely.

The phone rang and I'm struck by the abrupt loud sound that filled the stillness.

"Don't scream at me yet" I mumbled the second I answered the call to Zara. "Where the fuck are you? I'm going to kill you the second I see you," she shouted through the phone, I could feel the anger emitting in her voice. "You have less than an hour to be here. Rowe will be here today, so move your ass," she declared without permitting me to respond, which was fortunate because if I told her that I hit the snooze button, she would throw me out of the higher floor of this building. "I'll be there in a heartbeat" I replied and just like that she hanged up.