Chapter 7

The moonlight shines through the small gap in my curtains as I lay awake desperately trying to fall asleep. My eyes feel like they've been stung by a thousand wasps and my tear dried cheeks feel numb.

Just the thought of having to go to sleep and see everything all over again scares me beyond words. I wish that just one night, one night I could go to sleep without that horrible fear.

I think about the other night, how Peter said he would be there if I ever needed a chat, I wonder if he actually meant it or maybe he just felt obligated to.

The thought of leaving my room to talk to him is brought to mind and I'm not pushing it away. I turn over to check the time, it's 1am.

Maybe he wouldn't mind, maybe he did mean what he said. Before I know it, I'm standing in front of his door knocking on it quietly, making sure not to wake anyone else up.

When he doesn't answer, I knock again, harder and more louder this time. When he still doesn't answer I become desperate and slowly open the door before walking into complete darkness.

I've never been in his room before so it makes it a little difficult to navigate my way around the room.

You've never been in his room before so it's a little difficult to navigate your way round his room.

When I finally feel my way to his bed I shake him softly. He jumps a little out of fright. Even though it's dark, I can still see his eyes wonder round the room trying to figure out who woke him up.

"Y/N, what are you doing, it's one in the morning?", he asks sounding slightly annoyed, his voice groggy.

"I- it's um, can we talk", I whisper, beginning to regret coming in here.

Realization hits him and he sits up further and turns on the lamp that's on the dresser beside his bed. His eyes find mine and appear to be filled with concern.

He gets up from his bed, adjusting the covers before sitting on top of them. He invites me to sit next to him with a small pat beside him. I can't help but notice how close our bodies are, especially as he doesn't have a shirt on and is inconveniently looking not to bad right now. 

"What's wrong? Are you ok?", he finally speaks breaking the heavy silence. His voice low and careful. I look up to him, lost for words. I actually have no idea what I was planning on saying when I made my way to his room.

"Is it the same reason as a few nights ago?", he already knows the answer, he gets it, I just know he does. He reluctantly pulls me closer so my head is resting on his chest. He runs his hand up and down my back soothingly.

I don't know how to describe it but he just somehow makes me feel better. Even without words, he just seems to know. From the way he holds me to the way he just gets things, I can't help but feel like it's right to be around him.

He sits me up and looks at me sympathetically. A soft smile forms on his lips and I smile back, silently thanking him for everything. 

"Are you ready to tell me what's bothering you?"

"No, not yet", I smile again wondering if I will ever be ready to tell him.

"That's ok, do you feel better now?", his hand rests on the middle of my back as I sit up hugging my knees. "Yeah, a little"

"Do you think you can get to sleep now?"

"Uh yeah, I guess", I say but I don't even attempt to make a move towards my room. I just stay looking at him. I don't want to go back to my room, everything feels safer, better, very strangely better when I'm near Peter. It's weird.

"I'll take the floor, you can sleep in my bed", he walks over to his wardrobe and begins pulling out pillows and blankets.

Wait what.

"W- what?", he takes the pillows and blankets in his hands.

"I can tell you didn't what to go back through, I'll take the floor, you take my bed. Just for tonight".

How the fuck does he know.

"No, I'll take the floor, you take the bed", I walk up to him and take the pillows and blanket from his hands.

"No, I'll take the floor, it's not even that bad anyway", he takes the pillows and cushions back and he lays them out in the floor beside the bed.

"But then I feel bad, it's your bed"

"And I would gladly let you sleep in it for tonight"

I roll my eyes, I know I won't win this argument. I carefully lie down on his bed, it's comfy, soft and smells like him.

I lay on my side, facing peter. He does the same facing me. He reaches up and switches off the light leaving the room pitch black apart from the soft gleam of his eyes.

"Why did you come to me?", he says after a few moments of silence.

"Cause you said that your always here if I need to talk to someone", I'm not completely lying. i take a second before continuing, "why did you let me stay in here?"

"Because I want to be there for you", butterflies fly around my stomach after he says this but I instantly calm them down, scolding myself.

"Ok here's one, why do you always roll your eyes at me?", he asks.

"Because you annoy me sometimes. Why do you always laugh at me?"

He seems to take a few moments longer to come up with an answer to that question.

"Well it's because", he cuts himself off, "I don't know, we should probably get to sleep"

The answer was a little disappointing, he's holding something back but I can't pinpoint what that is.

I feel his hand reach up to find mine. I place your hand in his and the touch sends sparks through me.

His thumb glides across my palm as I fall into the best night sleep I've had in a while.

~~~~~~
Ahhhh, this chapter makes me so happy!!! Also thank you guys so much for 200 views, that's literally so crazy!!! Thank you for reading this chapter, it honestly means the world to me :))