Chapter 11

I pick up my drink and take a sip, the whole time I can feel Peters eyes on me, burning into the side of my head. I try to ignore it as much as possible. I look around the room in an attempt to distract myself but eight then, my eyes seem to find their way yo Peters and land right on him. He doesn't even try to look away or hide at the fact he got caught staring, his eyes just look back intensely.

"Y/n", I hear Natasha shout from beside me, I snap my head round to face get, breaking the eye contact. Only now do I realize how fast my heart is beating. It's going a hundred miles an hour.

"W- what?", I take a quick deep breath slowing it down. "Do you want to play?", she looks at me confused.

Am I missing something?

"Play what?", Steve and Thor laugh out of frustration. Nat glances over at them, "beer pong", she gestures to a table clearly set up for beer pong. Literally how did I miss that. I nod.

"Peter?",  Natasha turns and looks at him, raising an eyebrow. He glances back at me before agreeing.

"Ok, teams, we need teams", Thor says.

"Nat, Bruce, tony and peter in one team then y/n, me, Steve and Thor in the other", Wanda says. A few others nod in agreement.

"Guess that's sorted", Steve says standing up. Everyone walks over to the table and stands in their teams.

"Ok, me and Steve will go first", Natasha says picking up the three balls and getting into stance. "Okay", Steve winks doing the same as Nat.

Steve goes first and misses, then nat goes and misses. Steve goes for the second time and it lands in a cup. Everyone on Steve's team cheers as nat picks up the cup and downs the contents. For the rest of the shots, they're all missed. Next it's Tony and Thor. Thor gets two balls in and Tony gets none. Tony quickly downs the shots.

"Well, Tony's going to be drunk tonight", Thor chuckles proudly.

Next it's Bruce and Wanda. No balls were shot in but plenty of laughter was echoed around the room at their attempts.

"Okay next is y/n and Peter", Wanda gives me a side smile before shelling out of the way, allowing me to stand by the table.

"You ready spidey?", I say in my best "I'm not nervous at all" voice. "The real question is, are you ready?", he smiles before throwing his first ball.

It lands in the cup directly in the middle without even bouncing off the sides. All of Peters team cheers as I pick up the cup and down it quickly. I've never been a fan of beer.

"My turn", I take the first ball in my hand and throw it hoping it'll land in one of the cups. However, it goes right past Peter, missing the cup by miles. He tries to contain his laughter but I can't help but let out a little chuckle.

Peter barely missed his next two shots but I, yet again, miss them by far. We all okay another round each and when it got back to my turn, still none of the balls landed in the cups. But I still had to take two shots of beer. I cringe at the taste, it really is

"Good game", He holds his hand out and I take it reluctantly. Ge hold my hand a little longer than a handshake is meant to last but I don't find myself complaining.

"Good game"

~~~~~

Many drinks and shots later (pored by nat and Wanda obviously behind my dads back), I can barely see straight. My dad left a little while ago claiming he was too drunk and Thor is passed out already on the couch in the corner. He has a blanket around him and is curled up like a baby.