Chapter 14

Tonight is different, I'm not struggling to sleep nor am I scared to face my nightmares. This time, I feel as though something is missing. Something that made me feel safe. Someone.

Peter.

I abruptly stand up from my bed and leave my room. My feet pad along the corridor floor until I reach Peters room. At first I knock lightly however, when I get no answer, I open the door and walk into the familiar pool of darkness. I find my way to Peters bed trying my best to remember where it was last time. He lets out a soft snore as I shake him awake.

"Y/n, what's wrong?", He asks with a raspy voice. He sits up quickly, turning on his lamp which immediately aluminates the room. "Could you, maybe, come through. I can't sleep"

"Yeah, sure", he stretches before standing up and brushing his hair from his eyes. He hovers a hand on my lower back as we both walk through to my room. He slides into the bed and opens his arms for me.

"In the bed?", i ask slightly surprised. Not that I'm really complaining.

"Well we did it last night", he shrugs clearly not bothered.

"I was drunk"

"You weren't complaining"

"What about my dad"

"Don't worry, I'll go once you fall asleep like I did last night"

"Okay", I sigh and fall into his arms. My head rests on his chest and his arms wrap around me in a bear hug. One of his hands moves up and down my back causing goosebumps to rise on my skin.

The almost familiar feeling of safety consumes my body and I instantly relax. His heart beat is all I can hear, it's slow and relaxed.

"Peter?", I look up to him and he looks down. "Yeah?".

"Do you not think it's weird that my nightmares go away when I'm with you?", he bites his bottom lip as he thinks of an answer.

"No, everyone has someone that makes them feel safe"

"Who's yours?"

"I haven't found that person yet"

"Aw well you're really missing out", I giggle.

"Am I?", he lifts his hand and tucks a bit of hair behind my ear. His cold fingertips graze down my cheek. I stare at him, surprises at his action.

"Sorry", he pulls his hand away embarrassed. His cheeks are a bright scarlet shade. "No no it's okay, I didn't mind"

His lips form a soft smile as he stares into my eyes with deep affection, warmth and intimacy?

His gaze travels down to my lips in slow motion. His hand grazes my cheek again before culling it and swiftly pulls me closer.

In a few seconds, his lips are on mine and butterflies swarm my stomach. I close my eyes taking in the sweet taste of his lips as I enter the euphoric state. He keeps the kiss slow and passionate. Although. This isn't the first time we've kissed but I still get the same excitement and nervousness that I had from the first time.

He finished with a small kiss to the corner of my mouth which makes me smile. For once, it doesn't feel awkward, it only feels right.

I lower my head and rest it on his chest. One of his arms is wrapped around me again and the other searches for my hand, just like last night. He gives it a little squeeze in an almost reassuring way.

I close my eyes and only then do I realize how exhausted I was. However, I'm the happiest I've been in a long time.

~~~~~~~

"Hey guys", I say getting into the car with Happy and Peter. I shut the car door and buckle my seatbelt. "Good morning y/n", Happy looks at me with a smile through rear view mirror. I turn to Peter just as we're driving off. He's looking straight forward with a blank expression on his face.

"Peter?", I half whisper. He doesn't answer or even acknowledge me. I sigh and turn away. If he doesn't want to talk then that's fine. I don't want to either.

The drive is quick and spent in silence. Peter still hasn't even moved from his position or turning his gaze. I say bye to Happy as I shit the door and begin walking to Peters car, in silence. As soon as I enter the car, the engine is already on.

The silence is too loud and the tension is barely bearable. I can tell from his lack of speech and his body language that he doesn't want to
Talk but that isn't a good enough excuse. After last night, he has no reason to be acting like this.

"Peter tell me why your not talking all of a sudden", I turn to him right as he starts driving. He tenses his jaw and sighs audibly.

"Peter answer me now! Was it because of last night?" He nods, I feel my heart sink. "Last night was a mistake", I physically move back out of shock and the sudden hurt I've just received. My mind is going a thousand miles an hour but my eyes can only seem to concentrate on one thing. Peter. He looks up, then down, then back up again before eventually looking at me. He has an almost sorry look on his face but then he looks away again before it becomes too clear.

"If it was a mistake then why did you do it Peter?", I can't even disguise my hurt. It's clear in my voice.

"Me? You were the one that kissed me", his hands grip the steering wheel showing the white of his knuckles.

"That's not how it happened and you know it, you grabbed my cheek and pulled me in", I say back equally as harsh.

"Well you're the one that told me to sleep with you because you can't sleep on your own", he instantly relives what he just said but it's too late. He's already stabbed me right in the heart. He turns me me with a sorry expression. My eyes are blurry as I try to blink away the tears.

"Fuck you", I say in a shaken voice. I turn to the front not wanting to look at his face anymore.

"Y/n please I'm so sorry, I didn't mean any of that. Please, I'm so sorry", I turn away even further to make sure he doesn't see how much I'm crying. "FUCK", he should as he pulls over onto the side of the road.

"Peter don't stop just keep driving", he doesn't listen to me. The car stops and he unbuckles his seatbelt to turn his whole body towards me. "I didn't mean it, I'm so sorry y/n. I- I don't even know why I said that"

"Peter I don't want to hear it", he rests a hand on my arm and I pull away leaving a biting sensation from where his fingers touched my arm. "Don't fucking touch me"

"Y/n please"

"Please what?"

"Forgive me", I stay silent for a few moments as I balance my options. I can't make a decision just yet.

"Can you just keep driving", is all I can come out with. He turns around and starts the engine he pauses again. "I-"

"Peter just fucking drive it's literally illegal for us to stop here", I feel like I'm shaking because there's so much anger built up inside me. Well to be honest, I don't really know how to feel.

It really fucking hurts from what Peter said, I'm annoyed because he won't listen to em and I'm upset how I put so much trust on him for it to be thrown back at me. It's all too much for a Monday morning.

~~~~~
Heyyy, I'll be posting again tonight don't worry!! Thank you for reading!!

Question of the day: if you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what movie would it be?

My answer: probably high school musical. It's so good