Chapter 30

You drop the mixer from your hand and begin to run towards the sound, leaving everything behind. Peter follows close behind clearly just as worried as you.

Nat runs up the hallway to meet you and peter in your tracks. Her hair is all messed up and there's a few bruises and scratches on her face.

Her expression is different, it's full of worry. Whenever Natasha has this expression, you know it's bad.

"Nat, what's wrong?", you ask urging her to answer.

"Volkan has your dad and...they're coming here. Why? We don't know but we have to be prepared. He's stronger than most of us", she takes a breath before continuing, "the others are keeping watch outside, we have to protect your dads workshop. I think that's what volkans after"

You nod even if it all kind of seems like a blur to you. There's so many questions with answers that cannot he provided. Worry, sadness and urgency fills your head as you search for something to do.

"I can go lock up the workshop, I'm not sure if it'll help", peter asks thinking of the first possible this that comes to mind. nat nods.

"I have to go tell happy, all communications are down", she waves you both off and runs out of sight. You turn to peter.

"I'm coming with you and you cannot say no", to your surprise, he doesn't say no.

"Okay but, follow close behind", he warns before gripping your hand and making his way down the stairs to one of the many entrances to the workshop.

He lets go of your hand and puts in a code in the keypad and moments later, the door shuts on itself.

He does the same all around the workshop entrances until they're all locked bar one, which is your exit.

Before you head for the stairs, peter turns you round so your facing him. His eyes search your face before they land on your eyes. You can't quite read his expression but something about the way he pulls his lip between his teeth tells you, it's not good.

"Peter what's wrong?", you reach up and put a hand on his cheek in a way of reassurance. Even if you aren't sure what your reassuring him of.

"It's just...are you okay y/n?", you're not sure what you had expected but it certainly wasn't that. His question however, makes you think. It's all been such a rush you yourself aren't sure of how you feel.

"I don't know", you answer truthfully, on one hand, you want to trust that your dad is fine and will return being okay. On the other hand, there's the big possibility that night could all play out again. That night that caused all your nightmares. But it's different, you cannot let them get away with it this time.

"We have to be prepared for whats to come", Peter nods, surprisingly not arguing against your statement, "but I need a suit"

You make your way over to your dads desk and jot down some designs, nothing fancy, just basic and strong enough to keep you protected.

"How are you going to do that without Jarvis?", peter asks watching you intently.

"I'll use some of my dads parts of his failed attempts at his suits, I might even be able to muster something up myself. Nothing crazy of course, just enough to keep me protected"

A little while later, you and peter have managed to pull something together. It's not impressive, it's not even close to being as good as the avengers suits. But for a first time, it's not bad.

"It shows off your ass", peter says with a smirk. Your eyes grow wide and you swat his arm.

"It's good enough, let's get ready for Volkan", you and peter make your way back up the flight of stairs and make sure to shut the door behind you both.

Peter pulls his mask over his face and adjust his suit. He then turns his head to face you.

"Ready?"

"Ready", you nod, unaware of what to expect. Unlike you, peter has done this kind of thing before, you haven't. It's all about taking a step into the unknown and you're not sure if it's a bad thing or not.

~~~~~~
this is a very short chapter and I'm so sorry. Also I'm sorry for not posting. I honestly  have no explanation for not posting. I just haven't been motivated. I'll try and post more in the next week, it's coming to the end of the book which makes me sad but also, I'm trying not to rush it. I'm also in the process of starting a new book which should hopefully drop soon.

Thank you all so much for 25k reads as well!!! I literally cannot believe it.

Thank you for supporting!

Question of the day: have you seen the new black widow movie?

My answer: I haven't, I am hopefully going later this week to see it and I'm super excited.