Chapter 12

⚠️There is some description of abuse in this chapter, I will right a TW for the start and end of it :)⚠️

"Ugh Peter seriously, leave me alone", I repeat all the way up the stairs. He doesn't even acknowledge that I'm talking to him, instead he just keeps his eyes facing forward. As we approach my bedroom door, he pushes it open with just his foot and he walks in.

"I never said you could come into my room", I say struggling to form a sentence. He still doesn't react. "So you're just going to ignore me?"

He ignores my question and lowers me gently on my bed. He quickly covers me with my duvet and stands to leave.

"Peter?", I say softly, just as he's turned round to face the door. He stops in his tracks and slowly turns round. "Yes?"

"Stay with me?", I pout my bottom lip slightly in an attempt to get my own way. His eyes glance down to my lips and back up. He takes a few more seconds to answer. "No, you're drunk"

"But why can't you just stay here?", I sit up and look at him with pleading eyes. "I thought you wanted me to leave you alone?", he says very matter-of-factly.

"Please? I sleep better when I'm with you"

Even in my drunk state, I completely regret what I just said. It was never planned to come out like that. I had planned to tell him properly, sitting down and definitely sober. Now it's out in the open and Peter caught it.

"What do you mean?", he instinctively takes a few steps forward, closer to me.

I nervously adjust the silk fabric that's only covering half my thighs. I can't help but mentally scold myself for letting him have such an effect on me.

"I don't even know, it doesn't matter", just as I'm about to get him to leave so I can lay down and regret the whole night, he takes a seat beside me.

"It's okay, you can tell me", the way he looks into my eyes makes me want to tell him everything, he looks so understanding and trustworthy right now. Maybe I should.

I take a large deep breath and blink a few times, calming the already risen tears.

⚠️TW ⚠️

"One night, when I was nine years old, I was asleep in my room. My dad had been out on a mission and one of my nanny's were looking after me. When my dad came home-", I feel my eyes fill with even more deep tears. My vision goes completely blurry and I take a shaky breath, "h- he didn't come home alone"

I cover my face with my hands and pull my knees up to my chest hurrying my face. "Y/n, it's okay, you don't have to"

"No, no it's fine". Peter leans forward and uses his thumb to glide across my cheek, drying my tears. I stare into his eyes the whole time and struggle to look away when he removes his hand. I quickly clear my throat.

"they followed him home, they clearly hadn't finished what they started. I heard a glass shatter and I went downstairs. They were fighting my dad. They had ripped off his suit and got to him. I just stood there and looked, I should've ran away because..."

Peter places a hand on mine as I continue.

"Because they found me"

"Y/n", Peter looks at me, she's full of sympathy.

"T- they held me down. Then they hurt me, they hurt me Peter. I tried to get away but I couldn't, they were too strong. They only stopped when they got a message from someone. I had nightmares from that day on, my dad took me to therapist after therapist but nothing worked. I told him the nightmares stopped a few years ago but I lied. That was the reason why I was up last night and that night we were both downstairs at midnight. The truth is peter, the reason why I want you to be here is because, well, you stop the nightmares"

⚠️end of TW⚠️

Peter doesn't say anything, I stead he just pulls me into his lap and holds me. It feels different from the last ones. Maybe it's the way he hugs me a little tighter or the way he nuzzled his head into my neck. Either way, it feels more meaningful than the others.

"Y/n I'm so sorry", his voice breaks. He's crying."You have nothing to say sorry for, it wasn't your fault"

"I can't believe you had to go through that", his muffled voice says, "I'm sorry for asking you to explain. I'm so sorry"

"No, it's okay, it's quite refreshing that someone knows". I pull away and look at him in his red puffy eyes. Eyes that match mine.

"Peter don't cry", just as Peter had done earlier, I lift my hand and wipe his tears with my thumb. His skin is warm on my fingertips.

He looks at me and I smile, trying my best to lighten the mods a little. He gives me his best version of a comforting smile.

"It's time for you to go to sleep", he lays me down and places the thick duvet back over me. Just as I think he's about to leave, he pulls his hoodie over his head and says, "where should I sleep?"

My face visibly lights up as I shuffle along, patting the space beside me. He gladly accepts the offer and carefully climbs into bed. He lays down facing me, his face only a few inches from mine.

He pulls me closer and let's my head rest on his chest. I can hear his slow heartbeat on my cheek. One of his arms holds me tightly while the other finds my hand. Once he takes it, I look up confused.

"I know you like to hold my hand", he smiles.

My heart warms as I lay my head back on his chest and drift off into a wonderful peaceful sleep.

~~~~~~~
Sorry it's short but I feel this chapter has a lot of information in it so I wanted to stop it there :)

Question of the day - tea or coffee?

My answer - I prefer tea but sometimes a latte isn't too bad :)