Chapter 13

Just as I'm opening my eyes to the obnoxious light of the sun, a pounding sensation hits my head. I grasp it squeezing my eyes shut as though it'll stop the pain but obviously, the pain is still there.

I roll onto my back and stare at the blank ceiling, trying to figure out who I should kill for giving me this much alcohol. Somehow, I've completely forgotten most things that happened after the beer pong. I mentally retrace my steps however nothing seems to be adding up.

I stretch my arms out over my empty bed and groan as the sharp pain in my head continues. I sit up making sure to keep a slow pace. I have to collect myself before I get out of bed.

There's a small feeling in the back of my mind that I should remember something from last night, something important.

My feet hit the cold ground causing my whole body to shiver, only then do I realize I'm still wearing my dress from last night. My heavy footsteps lead over to my window that I slowly open. I make my way to my drawer and pull out some sweatpants and a hoodie before dressing myself.

Just as I'm turning to crawl back into my bed, I notice something. I normally sleep on the left side of my bed, I always have, from being a kid. Even on nights I've went to bed drunk I always sleep in the left. But, I woke up on the right side. There no way I could've rolled over because I don't move much or at all in my sleep.

Oh no

"I did not sleep with Peter, I know I didn't", I whisper to myself almost as though I'm trying to convince myself. There's only one way to find out.

I walk out of my room, shutting my door behind me. Each step I take, my head pounds with it. Why do hangovers have to be like this? When I make it down stairs I walk over to the kitchen to see Steve and Peter standing by the kitchen island.

"She's alive", Steve exclaims as I enter. Peters eyes glance at me before looking down. I give Steve a dirty look, I'm way to tired for his shit.

I look at Peter, trying to read his expression. He seems to be acting normal, maybe a little quieter, but overall normal. I sigh and walk over to the counter and begin to make myself some coffee.

"So, what we're you guys talking about before I rose from the dead", I chuckle at my own joke pouring the hot water into my mug.

Steve glances at Peter before answering, "we were actually talking about how Nat and I are now officially dating", a wide grin appears on his face as he says this.

"You know I never seen that one coming", I say sarcastically. I turn round to lean against the counter, my mug in hand taking slow sips.

There's slow chatter as I'm finishing my coffee when Nat walks in. She j stay my walks up to Steve and kisses him on the lips while he wraps his arms round her waist.

"Ugh get a damn room", I say taking the last gulp of my coffee. She looks between me and Peter, "well you two certainly did last night", My mouth falls open. There's no way.

I look over to Peter who is looking down at his feet, avoiding any eye contact. "What?", even though I had my suspicions that this happened, I had really hoped it wasn't true, "Peter what happened last night?"

Steve and Natasha look at each other and take this as their cue to leave. I place my coffee on the worktop and move to stand a few feet between him.

"Do you really not remember?", he half whispers looking up at me. My eyes search his face for answers but his expression is unreadable. "No, I don't. Should I?"