Chapter 23

Happy continues to tell you how much your dad really does love you, at some points, it sounds like he's trying to convince himself but you don't point that out.

After he gives you the small lecture and long list of phone numbers, emergency situation procedures and even how to fight someone off, he finally lets you go.

"Be safe, I'll pick you up on Sunday", he rolls the window back up and you roll your eyes as if he hasn't told you to 'stay safe' for the hundredth time.

You step up the gravel steps in Lillians front yard and stand on her 'welcome home' mat her parents were clearly proud of buying.

You knock on the door lightly almost as a "hey I'm about to walk into your house" kinda warning. You can hear it echo through the house and you turn the handle of the door and push it open.

A soft smell of alcohol mixed with a scent of mulberry comes to your senses as you close the door. You just know that Lillian will be relying on someone else to drive (she'll be drinking).

"Hey y/n", Lillian runs into the hallway and pulls you into an embrace, her fluffy, curly hair bounces and she runs and the smell of alcohol on her lips tell you that your assumptions were right.

"Hey Lillian"

"Charlotte and Oliver are through in the kitchen, come on let's go through", she eagerly takes your hand and takes you through to the kitchen.

Your mouth practically falls to the floor as you catch your first glimpse of Oliver. The last time you seen him, he was just a pre-pubescent teen. Now he's a whole man.

His muscles are almost bursting through the thin white top he has on, his curly hair is perfectly messed up with a few pieces falling in front of his perfect blue eyes. Oh and that smile, it's so, so-

Stop it y/n! You have a boyfriend

You take your gaze from Oliver to Charlotte in your best attempt to distract yourself from him.

She's changed too, she too has some wavy hair, only reaching down to her shoulders. Her bright blue eyes shine perfectly in the sunlight and even a few freckles peep through.

"Y/n! Hey", Charlotte hugs you, holding it for a little longer than a hug should last but you don't mind.

"Hey Charlotte", you turn to Oliver, "hey Oliver"

He smiles at you looking at you through his eyelashes. He takes his gaze off of you and turn to Lillian.

"Your friend got hot", you almost choke at what he said. Everyone seems to be so unflustered by his remark.

"Yeah she did get hot. Do you know what she also got?", he tilts his head waiting for the answer, "a boyfriend"

His face doesn't fall as anyone else's would. Instead, it lights up even more and he takes it in as though it's a new challenge.

"A boyfriend?", he raises his eyebrow at you.

"A very hot boyfriend", Lillian sighs, "y/n got him before I did"

"Yeah", you half giggle, "when are we going?"

"I'm ready to go now", Charlotte announces grabbing a water bottle from the fridge.

"Same", Oliver picks up his bag and starts for the door.

"Y/n? Can you drive?", Lillian asks batting her eyelashes. You roll your eyes taking the keys from her hand and walking to the door.

Once the car is all packed up and the house is ready to be left alone for the weekend, you all clamber into the car. Lillian is beside you and the twins in the back.

"When's peter coming y/n?", Lillian asks as you pull out of her driveway.

"He said in a couple hou-"

"Wait the boyfriends coming?", Oliver rudely interrupts you sounding rather disgusted.

"Um yeah", he raises his eyebrows but doesn't say anything although you can feel him judging you.

It's silent for a few moments before Charlotte reaches forward and grabs the aux cable.

"Oh Charlotte, put on the song everybody talks", you ask, it almost feels like an abnormal thing to not play that song in the car now.

She fiddles with her phone before finally selecting the song and it begins to play through the speaker.

Butterflies swarm your stomach from the memories this song holds. You begin to sing like nobody's watching, just like you and peter normally do.

Except this time, you're the only one singing. Everyone else has their judgmental eyes on you.

"I know you're my best friend and I love you girly but this song isn't it", she grabs Charlottes phone and plays another song. You recognize it, it's one of the song you used to listen to everyday.

Before you met Peter.

"This song is better", Charlotte giggles singing along.

You laugh it off as if it didn't bother you but it did. You feel yourself missing peter a lot more now. He just never fails to make you happy and safe.

Only a few more hours.

~~~~~~~~
Heyyy! hope you enjoyed, also thank you so much for 5k reads. Like what?! I love you all so much!!

Question of the day: have you been on a holiday abroad? If so where?

My answer: I've been to turkey, Spain and Italy.