Chapter 29

"Peter what's wrong", he looks up at you with sorrowful eyes and with his lip in between his teeth.

"It's um, your dad", a wave of worry pours into your body and you jump to a standing position.

"What about him, is he okay?", you urge the explanation out of peter.

"No, he uh, well, we lost him", your head is in a huge blur and you find it exceptionally hard to understand all of the things Peter is saying.

"What do you mean you, lost him?"

"We don't know, we were fighting Volkan and one minute he was beside us the next he was gone. We searched for ages but we couldn't find him", peter runs his hand down your back in a way to comfort you but his explanation only brought out more questions.

"Can you not track him?"

"No, all of the Jarvis software is all messed up"

"Where are the others?", you ask promptly.

"Everyone is out still looking apart from me obviously. I was told to come back and inform you"

"Hang on, what time is it?", you look out of your window and see it's pitch black, the only light being the crack through the doorway to the hall.

"It's 1 am, we've been looking since 9 o'clock"

"Well come on then, I have to help too", you go to reach for the handle but peters too quick and manages to get there before you. He shuts the door completely darkening the room.

"You will not go out there", his voice booms through the room. You look up to him with anger in your eyes, even is it's basically pitch black, you can see his eyes looking back at you just as angrily as you're looking into his.

"Yes I will Peter, this is my dad", you say through gritted teeth.

Who is he to think he can control me?

"You're not going out there, I was told to keep you here", he says with the same tone as before.

"I don't care Peter, you're not going to stop me", you push him away and he barely moves but it's enough to get a few seconds to open the door and run out.

"Y/n no!", he's running after you now, a huge lump forms in your throat but you swallow it down trying to act tougher than you're letting on.

"Peter fucking leave me alone", you shout back to him completely clueless of how close he is to you.

His hands grip round your waist and your pulled back into a tight hold, not a sore one, just tight. You struggle to get free but it's no use.

"I can't let you go out there, it's dangerous", he says calmer and he loosens his grip around you.

"Peter, I can handle myself", you say even though your not sure with your statement or not.

"I'm sorry to say it but no you can't, I can't let you get hurt y/n"

"Peter-"

"No, there's no discussion", he sits on one of the steps and you sit on his knee still with his arms around you, "one day, we can fight together, we can save people even. But not today. Not today y/n, I can't watch you get hurt again"

You nod slowly, hating the fact that he's right. He sighs a sigh of relief and lays his head on your shoulder.

"Come on, let's get your mind off of it for now",he stands up holding his hand out for yours and you take it, standing up yourself.

Without saying a word, he walks you down the remainder of the stairs and into the living room , keeping his hand in yours the whole way.

"Peter?"

"Yeah baby?"

"I'm worried, what is he never comes back?"

"He will, don't worry. This is your dad we're talking about here", he tries to reassure you but it's not really working.

"Well, what do we do now?", he looks around the room thinking.

"Let's make some cookies", you say the first thing that comes to mind.

"Yeah, sure", peter says with a soft smile, easing you slightly.

He places his hand on the small of your back and leads you though to the kitchen.

"Okay, I think that's all it", you say pulling out the last of the ingredients. You place them all on the counter and scroll through the recipe to guide you on what to do next.

You pour all the dry ingredients into a bowl and it's safe to say that not all of the flour went into the bowl. Then you cracked the eggs and added the milk carefully.

"I think we mix them next", peter says cluelessly.

You pull the mixer from the high cabinet and plug it in. You mix the ingredients together careful to not spill any.

"How are you so good at this?", peter says looking at the mixed batter once you're done.

"I bake all the time, it keeps me happy. You know, one day, I want to open up my own bakery. I would have the best cakes in town and everyone would come from miles to taste them. There would be cupcakes, cookies, brownies, flapjacks, muffins. Oh it would be perfect. The bakery would be small, with a few tables and a breakfast bar area. I would stand behind the cash register with the biggest smile on my face greeting all the customers. I would have them usual customers, like the ones in the movies. It would simply be perfect", you sigh catching your breath and turn to peter.

He's already looking at you with love and admiration in his eyes.

"What?", you ask and he shakes his head clearing his thoughts.

"One day, you'll make that happen and I'll be there beside you the whole time", he moves to behind you and wraps his arms around your waist.

"I love you Peter"

"I love you too", he whispers into your ear.

For a few moments you stand there as he holds you before a loud bust comes from the front door...

~~~~~~~
Hey! Sorry for the long wait, but, be expecting multiple uploads per week now because summers here!!!

I'm also thinking of starting a new book, what would you guys want it to be about?

QOTD: summer or winter

My answer: honestly I love winter so much