Still Into You

After the cheering calmed down, Brooke took Miguel and Tory home. As she walked into her room, she grabbed her diary and sat on her bed. She read through the old entries, laughing at the different ones. Until it came up to the recent entries about Hawk. 

She tapped the pen on her chin, trying to think about what else to write. She just wrote what was on her mind.

'Hey girl,

After re-reading all those entries, I can't believe it's truly over. I didn't actually process it until I saw him again in the halls today at school. Did I make a mistake? No...right? No. I didn't. It was for the best. He's a jerk now. God why did I fall so hard for him. Whatever it's over, I'm just hoping that he grows out of this phase. Maybe Eli will come back and we can someday try again. Ew I'm done now, this was so cheesy.'

She ended the entry and got up. Taking her guitar out, she put the entry with the song-like lyrics in front of her and tried to sing it. 

That was horrendous, she shook her head.

It took many tries for Brooke to make the two go together, but after an hour of trying..she finally got it.

(If you're wondering what the song is, it's Still Into You by Paramore! But we're gonna pretend Brooke wrote it lmao)

Brooke quickly picked up her phone and texted Moon. "Dude, I have something to show you." Moon instantly responded to her text. "Omg ok, omw! Brooke sent a thumbs up and dropped her phone onto her bed. She had a big smile on her face as she kept practicing.

When Moon got there, she walked into Brooke's room to see Brooke sitting with an electric guitar. "Oh my god! When did you get that?!" She let out a small laugh with a look of shock. "Well, I wanted to try something new. But this isn't what I wanted to show you!" Brooke said, getting up from her bed. She motioned Moon to take her place and Moon did just that. "Okay, now listen. I wanna play you something." Brooke smiled as she took the guitar pick out of her mouth. Moon's smile never faded.

Brooke began playing her electric guitar and then started to sing the song. "It's not a walk in the park to love each other, but when our fingers interlock, can't deny, can't deny, you're the worth it. 'Cause after all this time I'm still into you... I should be over all the butterflies but I'm into you, I'm into you, and even baby our worst nights I'm into you, I'm into you. Let 'em wonder how we got this far, 'Cause I don't really need to wonder at all, yeah, after all this time I'm still into you." Right as Brooke ended the song, Moon started clapping. "THAT WAS AMAZING! When did you do this?" Brooke chuckled, "Not long ago. But do you like it?" 

"Do I like it?! I LOVE IT! The lyrics..what song is this?" Moon said with a wide smile. "Oh-um...it's actually mine.." Brooke looked down, then to her diary. "HOLY CRAP! WHAT?!" Moon followed her gaze to her diary. "Yeah..I still need more lyrics though because this isn't the length of a full song." Brooke smiled as she covered her diary making Moon do a sarcastic frowny face. "Ah...I think I have something..hold on." Brooke walked over to her desk and started writing in her diary. A smile grew on her face and she got up to try and see if the lyrics worked.

"Since you already know who the song is about, I think I'll add some of my experiences in it. You know?" Brooke looked behind her to Moon. Moon immediately smiled and nodded in response. "I think it would be good."

"Okay...what about like, 'Recount the night that I first met your mother, and on the drive back to my house I told you that, I told you that I liked ya. You felt the weight of the world fall off your shoulders, and to your favorite song we sang along, to the start of forever.' And then the chorus part repeats itself so like, 'And after all this time I'm still into you...I should be over all the butterflies but I'm into you, I'm into you.' Blah Blah Blah right?" Brooke tensed her face, trying to think. "Yes I love that." Moon walked over to her desk and sat next to Brooke.