We Paid The Price

As Yasmine scoffed, she got up and walked with the rest of the group. When they sat down, Bert and Mitch immediately smiled. "Brooke! Welcome back!" Bert said, making Brooke smile. "Hey Brooke." Mitch gave a small wave and Brooke chuckled. "Hey guys! So...what's new?" She started to eat her lunch.

Hawk saw Brooke's group sit down with Mitch and Bert. He couldn't help but feel jealousy and sadness. He quickly shook his head and looked to the Cobras, putting on a fake smile.

"Would you guys be willing to join John- Sensei's new dojo?" Brooke asked with a smile. "Sensei is opening a new dojo?" Bert looked up with a faded smile. "Yeah, we want to make sure that Cobra Kai doesn't get away with all of their bullying. Since Brooke is better, he decided to open a new dojo." Miguel added on making Brooke and Mitch nod. "Hey..would I be able to join as well?" Luke looked to Brooke and her eyes lit up. "Oh my god! Yes, of course." She excitedly clapped, making him chuckle. "Okay, cause I was thinkin-" Luke got cut off by Kyler.

"Hey guys! Check this guy out. Standing around with a dick on his hand." Kyler caught everyone's attention as he held up Demetri's cast. He had drawn a dick that took up the entire side of the cast. Demetri stood there, accepting what was happening. Everyone in the cafeteria was laughing except him, Brooke, Miguel, Moon, Yasmine and Luke. Demetri pulled his arm away and walked out with his head down. Yasmine looked at him with a look of regret and looked back to the group. Brooke shook her head, her body was filling with anger. 

"I literally hate that entire group, holy shit." Brooke rolled her eyes as the rest of the group agreed with her. "And God..I forgot about who gave Demetri the cast in the first place. What an asshole, I don't know what I saw in him." Brooke scoffed. Hawk heard her and looked at her with sad eyes. He thought {What?...Did she really mean that..?} As soon as he saw Luke and Moon look at him, he quickly looked back to his table. Moon and Luke looked at each other and laughed. "Wow! He still likes you." Moon said, making Brooke look up. "What?" She lifted an eyebrow and Luke responded. "Yup, he most definitely does. That look on his face gave it away." He said as he ate more of his food. "What look?" Brooke looks at them confused. "We just saw his face, he turned to look at you after you said that. Once he saw us looking, he turned back. Hilarious!" Moon laughed, making the group chuckle.

After the last school bell rung, Brooke made her way to her locker and put her books back. She grabbed the books she needed for homework and put them in her bag. "Hey..ready?" Miguel smiled as he walked over to her locker. She smiled and nodded but quickly jumped when she heard a knock on her locker. "Jesus!...Dad?" She turned around to see Johnny standing there with a smile. "Sensei?" Miguel's face turned to confusion. They looked around, "How did you get through security?" Brooke asked. "I went to school here. Think I don't know all the secret ways in and out? Hey, got some good news. Found us a pretty sweet spot for our new dojo." Brooke and Miguel smiled. "Really?" Miguel said. "How's the recruiting coming?" Brooke's face turned to hesitation. She closed the locker and her and Miguel turned to start walking. Johnny followed, "That bad?" "It's just..everything's changed Sensei. Cobra Kai, they...they drank all the Kool-Aid." Miguel responded making Johnny confused. "Kool-Aid? What's wrong with Kool-Aid?" Brooke chuckled and they stopped and turned to look at Johnny."It basically means that Kreese is turning them into an army of assholes. They are feeding into everything he says and does." She said, making Johnny understand. "I see.." His eyesight went past Brooke and Miguel and saw Hawk and other Cobras standing and talking. "Wait here." He said as he walked past them. Brooke and Miguel look at each other and turn to watch him. They quickly followed. "Okay, LISTEN UP!" He yelled at the group, making them turn to look at him. Brooke and Miguel stood beside him and as soon as Hawk saw Brooke, his face softened. Brooke looked at him but quickly looked down when she realized he was looking at her. "I screwed up. And I'm sorry. I made it about me. And that's not what a Sensei does. I took the easy way out. I gave up. What happened here at this school...it rocked me to my core." Johnny looked to Brooke and looked back to the group. "I couldn't look myself in the eye, let alone face all of you." Hawk spoke up before Johnny could continue. "Yeah. I guess it makes it easier to tell yourself that. But the truth is, you bailed on us long before that fight happened. You got soft. And we paid the price." Brooke scoffed. She walked forward. "I'm sorry? You wanna say that again? You think YOU guys paid the price? Last time I checked, I got paralyzed and yet, here I am now. Don't bring the bullshit to me just because Kreese got into your head." Brooke spoke up, making Hawk look at her. "Brooke-" Miguel tried to get her to calm down. "No. You listen up. When I met you and when you first came into my dad's dojo, you were softer than a baby's goddamn ass. He made you what you are. Not Kreese. Go ahead, stick with him. But remember, you lost and pushed away the people that actually cared about you because you let your ego and that huge ass mohawk take over." Brooke scoffed and walked back next to Miguel. Hawk's face was soft but startled. She could tell he didn't know what to say which made her feel even better. Luke walked over and stood next to her which made Hawk turn to Johnny. His emotions were all over the place. He felt sad, angry, jealous, guilt, regret. Right after Brooke was done speaking, Johnny took her spot in front of Hawk and started to speak up again. "Kreese doesn't give a shit about you. About ANY of you. So if you wanna keep whining about the past like a bunch of pussies, fine. We can play that game. Like what Brooke said, wanna stick with Kreese? Go ahead. Don't say we didn't warn you when your life ends up in the shitter. Or you could sack up and join my dojo." Hawk looked around at the group and then to Miguel. Miguel shook his head which made Hawk look to Brooke. He felt an urge to stand next to them but as soon as he saw Luke, he fought that urge and stayed put. "Havenhurst and Magnolia, tomorrow at 4:00. If you wanna save yourselves, train the right way. You better be there." Johnny ends his speech and walks off. "And don't be late!" He says louder as he knocks books out of a random kids' hands. "Sorry kid, old habit." Brooke sighed and quickly ran to help the boy pick up his books. "Sorry about that." She smiles and turns to the group. "Lets go Miguel. Luke you can come too if you want." She looks to Hawk and rolls her eyes. She turns around and starts walking. "You messed up. Bad." Luke says to Hawk before he starts walking. "Get out of my face nerd." Hawk angrily says, making Luke laugh. Miguel taps his shoulder and they follow Brooke.

As they get in the car, Brooke aggressively puts on her seat belt. "Sheesh, wanna be any more harsh?" Luke chuckles making Brooke sigh. "Sorry, I'm just so pissed!" "Yeah well I think you made Hawk re-think his life decisions." Miguel says making the group chuckle. "God, he's such an asshole. I thought he'd get better but obviously, he isn't." She rolled her eyes as she started backing out of the school parking lot. "Yeah well, if he wants to be a dick, let him be one. Lets see where that gets him." Luke smiles from the backseat and Miguel nods.

-----

The next day, Miguel, Luke, and Brooke got to the park first and began to stretch. A few minutes later, the rest of the group arrived and joined in on the stretching. 

After a while, Johnny began to start the class. "This is day one. We've been here before. But things are different now. They tried to tear us down. It didn't work! They said we needed a roof and four walls. Screw that! This park..will be our new dojo. 'Cause you don't need a dojo to be a dojo. Is that understood?" Everyone responded "YES SENSEI!" Johnny looked around. "I started Cobra Kai with one nerd. Another one already knew the basics but just wanted to learn more skills." Brooke and Miguel give a confused smile. "This is a step-up. And if we're gonna be taken seriously, we need a name that commands respect. A name that elicits power and dominance. Cobras are strong. They may be the king of the jungle, but the world's more than just a jungle. And there's only one animal that can kill a snake." Bert replies, "A mongoose?" And Johnny looks at him. "A real animal Bert." Bert looks at him in confusion and Brooke face-palms. Johnny looks around and walks to a small cardboard box. He takes out red fabric and turns back. "Welcome... to Eagle Fang Karate." He said as he held the shirt up to show the design on the front. The shirt was red with an eagle on the front and below it said 'Eagle Fang Karate'. Everyone smiled but Mitch looked at the shirt in confusion. "Uh, Eagles don't have fang-" Brooke nudged his arm and Johnny threw the shirt at him to stop what he was trying to say. He started passing the shirts to everyone else and they all put them on. Mitch put his on but it didn't cover him fully. "Uh, anyone else feeling a little snug?" Johnny quickly responded. "Do some more sit-ups. Alright, everybody fall in." Brooke's hand flew to her mouth at his statement. As he looked around, the students noticed Hawk and some other students come from behind a bush. Brooke smiled a little bit when she saw Hawk but didn't want to make it obvious. "Sensei, look!" Miguel said, making Johnny turn his head. "Still got it." He chuckled. "Alright everybody, looks like our class just got a little bigger. Make room." Tory and Kyler came from where the others had come from and went next to Hawk. Miguel looked down which made Brooke's smile fade. They knew something was up. Right after, Kreese and his other students came out and Johnny shook his head. Brooke's face showed anger and disbelief. "I knew it." She whispered which made Hawk and Tory look at her. They both had looks of guilt but they changed as soon as Kreese stood next to them. "I told you. Cobra Kai for life." Hawk spoke up and Brooke scoffed. Kreese patted his shoulder and walked up to Johnny, Johnny did the same. "Don't worry Johnny, I'm not here for a fight." Kreese took off his sunglasses. "Yeah? Then why the hell are you here." Johnny's tone got angrier. "I'd like to make you another offer to come back to Cobra Kai where you belong." Kreese said with a smirk. "You're crazy if you think I'm ever teaming up with you again. The garbage you're feeding them, the shit they're pulling, it's messed up. And you're to blame for that." Johnny's tone got louder but Kreese stayed calm. "I have to disagree with you there. I care about my students. They're strong and they're true fighters. And they wouldn't make the mistake of showing mercy and ending up in a...well you know...coma." He looked to Brooke, making her walk up behind Johnny. Hawk walked up to stand behind Kreese. Brooke scoffed as anger filled her body. "This is it Johnny. There's not gonna be another chance." Kreese continued and Johnny's tone became angrier. "Good." Kreese became hesitant but nodded. "You made your choice. And you are gonna regret it." He points his finger to Johnny and puts his sunglasses back on. 

As Kreese walked off, Hawk gave Johnny a smirk and looked to Brooke. His smirk faded and his face got softer but he quickly turned around and walked with the rest of the group. "Fuck you asshole." Brooke yelled to Hawk as she turned around and went back to her group.

A/N: The betrayal I felt in the park scene..I literally wanted to punch Hawk through the screen but its whatever guys!!! lol!!!