Chapter 8: The protégé surpasses the mentor

"Talking"

'Thinking'

"All Might"

----------------------------------------------------

After the heartwarming and heartbreaking confession of Midoriya, and the little talk Inko and Kendo had, monday came.

Midoriya was discharged from the hospital and went home to his mother. They had a small talk over his actions and about his relationship with Kendo.

Midoriya was of course surprised at the mentioning of the latter, and like the cinnamon roll he is, he started blushing profusely.

It was a relief for him that his mother approved of this relationship. For the first time he was really happy, he had finally found someone special to him... But being himself, he still did not believe that was real.

He pinched himself, washed himself with ice cold water and he even ate something steaming just to make sure he wasn't in a coma anymore.

And fortunately for him, he was very much awake.

While he was having breakfast with his mother, his phone rang. He looked at who was calling him that early in the morning, just to discover that it was his girlfriend.

'Why would Itsuka call me this early, hope it's not something bad'  thought Midoriya before getting up "Sorry mum, I have to take this... I think it's something important" he said making his mother nod in understanding.

"Itsuka is your girlfriend and my future daughter in law, of course she's important" said Inko smiling. This made Midoriya blush bright red "Mum!" he yelled in embarrassment.

Then he went to his room and answered the phone "Hello?" he asked "Oh Hello Dekiru, took you long enough" said Kendo in a playful tone from the other side of the phone.

Midoriya chuckled "Yeah sorry, my mother was being... well, a mother" he said making Kendo laugh a bit "Ok... anyways, since we are a couple now, I was wondering if you'd like to go to school together" she asked.

"I would love to" said Midoriya smiling '*phew*  I thought something bad happened, I need to stop being so paranoic... Thanks Bakugo'  he thought the last part frowning.

"-uku  Izuku are you there?" asked Kendo with a concerned tone of voice. Midoriya snapped out of his trail of thoughts "Ah yes sorry, did you say something?" he asked.

"Yes, I asked you if you would like to meet next to the Konbini?" she asked.

(The Konbini is a Japanese market that remains open 24/7)

Midoriya thought about it "Yeah sure why not" he said "Perfect, see you there in fifteen minutes?" she asked, "Sure" he replied.

"Alright, see you later... Love you!" said Kendo making Midoriya blush "L-love you too" he replied before hanging up the call.

'Ahh... I know we already said it... but hearing it will always feel incredibly amazing for me'  thought Midoriya blushing.

Then he looked at the time, "Oh crap, I need to get ready" he said, and so he did.

He put on his UA uniform, he struggled a bit with his tie so he decided to give up on it, and finally he put on his signature red shoes.

He went downstairs to wave goodbye to his mother "Bye mum, I better get going" he said opening the door "Bye Izuku, be safe" said Inko.

He left his house and started walking towards the Konbini Kendo mentioned before. 'Alright this should be it... where is she?'  he thought while looking around the place.