Chapter 1

It was a pleasant morning in Mondstadt. Sucrose woke up at 6 am to get ready for her research and her experimental projects. Then she remembered she had to submit all her alchemy research and documents to Albedo tomorrow morning, which is today. Sucrose never forgets any assignment given to her because she always writes it down in her journal. Sucrose got ready for the morning. She heads to the Knights of Favonius Headquarters. She entered the headquarters and knocked on Albedo's door.

"Is anyone there?"
She asked as she stopped knocking on the door. 

A handsome young man, with ashy light blonde hair, and bright teal eyes opened the door for Sucrose. it was Albedo, the alchemist genius.

"Yes? Oh, Good morning Sucrose. Is there anything you need?"

"Good morning Mr. Albedo. Here's the document research you needed."

"Ah, thank you. And please for the last time, just call me 'Albedo.' We are the same age after all."

"I can't help but say it formally whenever I'm around you. It's just a habit of mine. And it would be weird if I call you like that because I've been calling you 'Mr. Albedo' for quite some time now..."

Albedo sighed.
"Well, if you insist on calling me that, I'll have to get used to it."

"If you say so... W-well, I'll get going now."

Just as Albedo almost closed his door, Sucrose said something.

"Oh, and Mr. Albedo—"

"What is it?"

"If you ever need me, I'll be in Qingyun peak once I'm done with my work."
Sucrose said.

"Okay."

Sucrose then proceeded to head to her workplace in the headquarters to do some alchemy research and experiments.

She always mentions Qingyun Peak, is there something about it that she likes? Hmm... I wonder...
Albedo thought to himself, but he just shrugged it off and proceeded to his work.

Albedo closed his door. Then, both Sucrose and Albedo proceed to their work.

9:23 am and Sucrose exited her workplace to get some stuff outside. She brought her Testing-Potion-for-plants 3075. Sucrose passed by Albedo's workplace and walked to the front door. But then she stopped her pace and took a look once more at Albedo's door.

"Experiment in progress"
Sucrose read aloud.
"Huh, Albedo must be busy.."

Sucrose slapped her mouth shut with haste as she realized what she just said.

I hope Mr. Albedo didn't hear what I said! Though it got quiet as soon as I read the sign halfway...

Sucrose rushed to the front door in a hurry with embarrassment written all over her face.

"That's the first time I ever heard her say my name normally. I feel glad."
Albedo said, smiling.

Albedo realized he was smiling unconsciously and asked himself.
"Wait, why am I smiling? It's not like she'll say it to me often anyway..."

Then, out of the blue, he felt his heart pounding fast.

"Hm? why is my heart beating so fast? Huh. Strange."

Sucrose had left the city in haste. Her heart was beating because of adrenaline, and a tad bit of sweat ran down her body. She tried to calm down as she used her Anemo Vision to make a gust of wind circulate around her. A couple of minutes passed and Sucrose calmed down. She began collecting the plants she needed. However, she couldn't help but think about what she said back there.

"I really hope he didn't hear me say that... just thinking of it makes me embarrassed. Is there any need to apologize? No, there's a chance he didn't hear. Okay. Stop thinking about this, I must begin my research."

Just as Sucrose was about to begin her experiments, she felt a heart clench. She groaned in small pain.

"Ow! Huh? Why does my chest feel like it's clenching?"

The heart-clenching stopped, then her heart began beating fast.

"What is... what is this that in feeling? Why is my heart beating so fast? It's not because of the adrenaline, is it? But I'm already calm..!"

The 2 alchemists thought that this was pain from the chest, but this feeling is what people call "Love." Albedo and Sucrose felt love for the very first time.

End of Chapter 1

Authors note: Heyaaa readers! This is my first time publishing a story that is an Alberose story and I've worked on this in my notes for I guess.. weeks now I think? I'm quite new to this so go easy on me. But if you want to give me some feedback so I can improve, feel free to tell me! Even though I already finished the story in my notes and have just published chapter 1... Anyways, I'll publish chapter 2 tomorrow morning since it's quite late.

Edited April 21, 2022, 8:20 am.