Chapter 13

Lisa was already in the library, she was just waiting for Albedo. Albedo walked in and Lisa got the cauldron which appeared to it being gathered from dust particles into a full cauldron. She pulled out her book and flipped to the page where she found the potion. Lisa found the page and read aloud the ingredients, but not too loud because they were in a Library. Albedo couldn't focus and all of Lisa's talking became background noise, his thoughts were scattered in his mind. He was out of his bubble and into his zone of thoughts, lingering and becoming lost in his mind. Lisa was busy reading when she noticed Albedo spacing out.

"Is the genius alchemist spacing out?"
Lisa teased, tapping his shoulder.

"Huh? Oh, it's nothing."
Albedo snapped back to reality.

"That doesn't look like nothing to me. Well moving on, we need..."

Albedo went back to his zone, but before exiting his bubble—

"We need 2 petals of Windwheel Aster and some cat fur. I got the cat fur when I was out yesterday getting the ingredients for the antidote."

—He heard the word "Windwheel Aster petal" which made him focus completely.

"I'll go get the petals."
Albedo said leaving the library.

"He really cares about Sucrose.. how cute."
Lisa murmured, as Albedo leaves the library and continued with the antidote and dropped some ingredients.

Albedo walked over to Sucrose's office and knocked quietly. No answer. He opened the door slowly and he saw only Klee sleeping, he observed the room and saw Sucrose working on her table. He decided to sneak up on Sucrose but she heard his faint footsteps.

"Oh, Hello Mr. Albedo. What brings you here? I'm sorry I couldn't open the door, I was busy working on a new experiment."
Sucrose told as she turned her full attention to Albedo. 

Albedo closed the door, a bit surprised she heard him because he was trying to be very quiet. 

"It's fine, but I was going to get some of your Windwheel Aster petals but I got distracted by you because I thought you were still sleeping."

"Is that so?"

Albedo nodded.

"I came here for the petals but my objective changed."

"Why is tha—"

Sucrose felt arms wrapped around her waist, and her ears and tail went into a frightened pose, but it was only for a second because she got startled. He leaned in closer but Sucrose covered his mouth to stop him.

"Mr. Albedo! Not while Klee is here!"
Sucrose whispered, removing her hand.

"But Klee is sleeping."

Albedo and Sucrose turned to the sleeping child, snoring and sleep talking while she was lost in her wildest dreams.

"Still. We can't just do that while there's a child in the room, that's inappropriate! And what if she's not actually sleeping?"

Albedo realized what he was doing was wrong. So he then let go of his soft grip on Sucrose's slim waist.

"S-sorry... I can't help myself."

"Looks like the tables have been turned."
Sucrose teased boldly.

"Why do you say that?"

"Remember when I said I wanted to kiss you more? Now you want to kiss me."
Sucrose giggled.

"Oh.. well you blew the chance there."

"I always have my ways to get free chances."
Sucrose winked.