Chapter 2

Sucrose tried to ignore her heart beating rapidly. Luckily, she ignored it as she grabbed some plants to experiment in her workplace. But she thought to herself:

"Wait, why did I bring the potion when I could've just brought the plants and experiment in the headquarters?"
She sighed in exhaustion and facepalmed in disappointment.
"Well, I'll just bring it in..."

2:58 pm. She brought the plants inside the headquarters and went straight to her workplace. This time, she didn't read the sign because Sucrose didn't want to experience what happened earlier.

"Okay. I brought the Wolfhook, Sweet Flower, Mint, Windwheel Asters, Cecilia's, Lamp Grass, Calla Lily's, Snapdragons, Dandelion Seeds, Valberries—"
Sucrose took a deep breath, nearly running out of breath before continuing.
"—Pinecones and last but not least, Philanemo Mushrooms."

She sighed lightly, catching her breath once more as she recited a bunch of plants' names.

"Finally, this took some time to collect... let's hope the results are worth it."

She tests each plant with the potion she made a few days ago. After she tested all of them, the results were very interesting...

Wolfhook - Multiple baby wolfhooks.
Cecilia - Multiple Cecilia's stuck on one stem.
Calla lilies - The petals began to look like water. Though the water did not spill but stayed in a petal form.
Windwheel asters - Baby asters are replaced as leaves for more air circulation.
Sweet flower - Excreted a tad bit of sugar from the petals.
Pinecones - No results.
Mint - Smelled a lot minty and tastes a lot minty. Not special to be honest.
Snapdragons - Petals snap like a dragon every 30 minutes.
Philanemo Mushrooms - No results.
Dandelion seeds - No results.
Lamp grass - No results.

"Huh, no results for the Pinecone, Dandelion seeds, Philanemo Mushrooms, and the Lamp grass. I mean I can see why there wouldn't be anything interesting about the Dandelion seeds, Philanemo Mushrooms, and Pinecones, but none for the Lamp Grass? Maybe I have to wait for nighttime. After all, it does glow at night. I wonder if it glows brighter at night."

Suddenly, someone knocked on Sucrose's door. Sucrose turned her head to the sound of the knock and it was coming from the other side of the room. She opened the door and to her surprise, it was Albedo. Sucrose tried to hide her embarrassment as best as she can after what she did.

"I came to check out what was happening."
Albedo said in a concerned voice.
"There were loud noises, so I decided to check it out. Are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

"Oh, was I that loud? My apologies. I was just doing some experiments. Would you like to take a look?"

"I'd love to."

Sucrose led Albedo to her workshop, showed him her experiments, and explained what happened, the results, and what they looked like afterward.

"Wow. I'm impressed. They all look so interesting."

"Thank you Mr. Albedo, but I'm waiting for the results of the Lamp grass and I'm guessing something's gonna happen in the nighttime."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. Also, I'd like to apologize about the loud noises for experimenting, and you worrying about me if I got injured or anything..."
Sucrose spoke as she hid her hands behind her back.

Albedo noticed his heart beating fast again.

Why... why does my heart beat so fast every time I see Sucrose? It just started earlier morning...

"Hm? Mr. Albedo, are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh! I-I'm fine, I was just.. uh.. spacing out a little. Oh and uh, no worries about the loud noises. Even I do that when experimenting sometimes... Ahem, well if you would excuse me, I will continue my investigations in my workplace."