Can you explain this?

Chapter 7
Violence

So that's Paradis Island.It's more beautiful than what I thought it would be.Well,not until a fucking titan lift the whole ship into the air and put us onto the rocks on shore.A few ships were before you here and didn't return.So that's how you'll die,like the rest.

Not until a woman with glasses stood on the rocks inviting you for tea.You like her boldness,she seems like a genuine person.a Guy stands beside the woman,named Hanji Zoe,in a Marleyan uniform.His face scrunched in fear yelling at the commander to kill the woman.Before the commander could shoot her,Yelena blew a hole in his head.It's the first time you saw her kill someone.Without emotion,nonetheless.

You glance at the huge titan,towering over the ship.Yelena actually had the guts to speak to the titan.Eren,is it's name.After the volunteers captured the hostile crew members,you followed Hanji to their base.You were being surrounded by the people from Paradis Island,who were called the Scouts.You assembled at their base,being watched by hawk eyes.

A short guy is walking with Hanji,who have been introduced to the volunteers as Levi.He looks like he could kill you in a flash.Your theories were confirmed when you heard he's a Ackerman.One of them that is.The other Ackerman is a woman named Mikasa.She is the adoptive sister of Eren.Hanji sure likes to talk,not that you mind though.This people were everything you hoped for but,only better.

A few weeks of being on Paradis Island,you've met most of the Scouts.All of them were awesome like Sasha,Jean,Connie,Armin and Mikasa.The queen were part of the Scouts,Historia is her name.You haven't met Eren though.You are pretty sure most of them like you and the volunteers.

Since you came to the island,Yelena grew distant from you.Is she busy with work?Is she ignoring me?Did she perhaps grew feelings for someone here...?You went to wash your face to get the thoughts out of your head,when you realize you're lost in the building.You wander through the halls but,ended up at a door.You nervously open the door.It seems to be a jail.You walk past the cells when you froze on the spot.

That motherfucker.How could you forget his disgusting face?The guy looks up at you and quickly came rushing to the cell bars."Please help me!"You grin at his pathetic pleas ."These devil's captured me and killed my crew!"You stare at him coldly.

In a flash,you grab his collar through the bars and squashes his face against the bars."Hey!What the hell is the meaning of-"You cut him short when you plunge the knife through his throat.Your trusty knife which are quite handy in situations like this.You stare him in the eyes until you feel his last breath against your face.

You quietly drops him on the floor when you were done cleaning your knife with his shirt.Now he finally paid for killing your uncle."Having fun with our prisoners?"That voice is too familiar by now.You turn around to face the person who just caught you red handed."Fuck me,you whisper under your breath.

"Well,I can but,I don't know if I'm your type.You certainly are my type,"Jean winks at you.You start to blush uncontrollably just because he's making you embarrassed."Jeez no...."You stop talking when Jean lifts his eyebrow at the sorry ass site next to your feet.

"What are you planning to do with him?You know if Hanji or Levi sees him we're both in trouble."You think about his question and take your knife out of the secret pocket in your jacket.You place it near the guy's hand."Can you keep this..you know,quiet?"

Jean looks at your sympathetic face."Yea,of course.You did it out of revenge,right?"You nod at him,taking one last look at your knife,to see if there are any familiar marks on it."He killed my uncle."You look up at Jean's face that's frowned from anger."I lost someone too,who were close to me.His name was Marko."You stand up giving Jean a hug.You were past the stage of 'acquaintances'.You could consider him a friend.

You and Jean walk to the rest of the group.Of course Yelena weren't there.You decide to go to Jean and hang out with Connie and Sasha.You laugh at Sasha's savagely eat her food and Connie joining in.You catch Jean staring at you.He quickly avert his eyes and laugh at Connie calling him a idiot.You laugh at Connie's reaction to Jean's insult.Something were bugging you though.Why didn't Jean ask questions normal people would ask?But instead,he just accepted that burden of being a accomplice to your crime.

Later that day you spot Yelena with Hanji and Levi talking about something pretty intense.You approach Yelena casually,in case it's about the  'little accident' in the cells."Do you know to whom this belongs to?"Hanji flash your knife in front of your face.You remain calm,surprisingly."I don't know,I've never seen that knife in my life before.Why do you ask,if I may ask?"Levi glares at Hanji,obviously stating her to not tell you."It's a private matter,miss l/n."You nod and turn to walk away when Yelena grabs your hand."We have got to talk y/n."

I'm planning when I end this book in the future,to make a story about reader x Jean.It would start from this chapter,if you're interested in that fanfic. :-)