Photo of spring above.
Please do vote. Comment.share
Enjoy
X
_viv
                           LILIA
I stirred just in time to hit my alarm before it buzzes and gives me a massive headache. You see that's the way I beat my own psyche. I set my alarm for six but I'm up everyday by 5:59 to hit it in time or else I'll have a throbbing headache for the entire day. Something about being woken up by a loud sound doesn't sit right with my brain. This weekend completely ran and I can't believe its Monday again. I groan as I trudge to the bathroom while making the sign of the cross. I mutter a quick prayer as I shower. One thing I'm grateful for though is our school's uniform,it saves me and everyone else the torture of trying to figure out what to wear Every morning not to mention reducing dumb stereotypes associated with choice of clothes and style in high school. Its a simple uniform of a blue pleated skirt and white button up shirt and a blazer. The same for goes for boys just with pants   obviously.  When I'm done putting on my uniform I just run a flat iron through my hair and brush it, the hair is almost on my bum now ,I should probably get it trimmed soon are my thoughts as I skip down the stairs.

As usual my mom and ginger are already dressed and ready to leave just like me. Ginger is still in middle school so we go to different schools, mum drops her on the way to work while I hitch a ride with Faye or any of the twins. Today Faye is picking me up. Good morning mom I say as I grab a cereal bowl and pour in my gluten free cereal" how you eat that is beyond me" good morning to you too ginger. She only replies with a tight smile and I roll my eyes. " don't forget the meeting you promised to go to after school today baby" are  we still doing that? " you promised Lilia " fine fine I say raising my hands up. " I texted the address this morning honey"  sure enough I check my phone and I see it there  "just please go with an open mind okay?" Okay mum. " okay we are going to leave now,see you later, I love you" she says as she kisses my hair and grabs her stuff. New scrubs mum? They're cute I say "aww thanks honey". Ginger just not so accidentally bumps into me on her way out,hey try learning something for real today ginger. " I don't need school bozo,mark zukerberg didn't either " she retorts. I just ignore her with a eye roll but I don't miss the I love you she whispers as she shuts the door.I love you too sicko I yell back with a chuckle. I rinse my bowl when I'm done and now comes the hard part, swallowing all these pills. I mentally gag as I pull out my medicine organizer and pick out my morning pills, I pop them all simultaneously and swallow with a large gulp of water.

I'm still recovering from that when I hear Faye's honking. Coming I yell! I quickly put the medicines back and grab my own keys and Bag pack from the rack. As I emerge from my house I eye Faye weirdly because she's not wearing her school uniform although I still appreciate the beauty that is her black mustang. Perks of having divorced parents and  a Canadian dad who is also freaking  loaded; they give you everything! What are you wearing? " gee I'm sorry principal Lilia" she retorts " my mum was on a roll and I had to get out of there before she lost it " what's wrong? " its still the agent dude,he's adamant on not showing us anymore houses and this studio apartment is  driving her nuts,she keeps complaining about how claustrophobic she is"  I'm sorry are you okay though? " yeah I'll live,its nothing serious, I'll just change when were close to school and you'll drive" I sigh in relief because I thought she was going to make up some operation of her sneaking into school with casual clothes on that will lead us to getting caught and being suspended as it prohibited to be within the school premises without your uniform unless on stipulated occasions. " hey weirdo I said I'll change in the car" she snaps her fingers in front of me. there I go thinking out loud again ,I internally chide myself. Yeah okay let's go we don't want to be late. " actually I want to,in fact I was thinking we could skip today" I turn my neck so sharply that it will definitely bruise " chill Jesus I'm kidding", she cackles " you should have seen your face" okay please just drive idiot I huff and cross my arms. She does drive but keep poking me " hey come on you can't be mad " I ignore her and she keeps poking until I smile " there it is,that panty melting smile" gross Faye! I say with a laugh. Surely enough we continue the drive until we get close to school then we switch places as she goes  to the back to change into her uniform. We arrive in school just in time for the assembly .
As we get down from the car we spot the twins and they wave at us. When we reach them we all together step into the school. On more day in high school yay?