Chapter 10

"Mr

"Mr. King." My assistant called as she knocked on my office door rapidly.

"Yes. Come in." One of the big doors opens.

"Mr. King we have a problem."

I clasp my hands together and lean forward in my chair. "And that is?"

"Christine is here sir." And ladies and gentlemen this is how my whole mood changed just that fast.

"Let her in." I ordered. I knew I was seconds away from gaining a headache. The fast clinking of shoes to the marble floors from down the hallway caught my ears.

And there she was, the mother of my child. "Killian I swear to fucking God, where is my money?"

"Christine where is my son?" I rub my hands down my face.

Everyone meet the infamous Christine, arrogant, rude, dumb as hell, and a gold digger. Many years ago when I was 19 I made a shitty ass mistake sleeping with this girl. I couldn't blame myself she was beautiful with her caramel skin, beautiful eyes, and can do attitude I couldn't resist but now that she's actually in my life permanently I wish I would have left her ass where I found her.  My son Isaiah is now seven and I hardly get to see him.

It pisses me the fuck off because she won't let me but constantly rampages me about money that she spends on anything but him. I don't want to take Isaiah away from her for good but she is pushing it.

"Home. Now where my money, I'm trying to be generous and not put yo ass on child support." She puts her hands up onto her hip.

Rage filled my body. "How the fuck—." I had to calm myself down before I do something im gonna regret in the end. "Look I give you a five thousand dollars every two weeks and I don't even get to see my son often so no you won't put me on child support. And another thing, you come into my damn office with this bullshit again and I will through your skinny ass out the damn window."

"See this why I won't let you see him, your damn anger issues."

Is she serious.

"No you won't let me see him because you trifling as hell. I'll be there tomorrow to get Isaiah have his things ready, you can get the hell out of my office now." I dismiss her. She releases a chain of curse words as she stomps out of my office.

I press the button on my office phone that connects me to my assistant. "Haley."

"Yes sir."

"Can you go get me some aspirin."

"Yes sir."

I sit back in my chair and flip through the paperwork that's laid out yon the desk. An hour later I'm throwing back a glass of whiskey and getting ready to leave for the day.

After putting my papers into my briefcase I walk out of the office. "Good night Mr.King." My assistant calls out. I nod in her direction and keep walking until I'm in the elevator. The building is huge so it takes time to get from the 85th floor to ground zero.