Epilogue

You know what I once told my father when I was little, probably 8 to 9 years old

You know what I once told my father when I was little, probably 8 to 9 years old. I told him, that if I'd ever marry it would always be for love because I didn't like to be unhappy. I've always stuck to it, from my career to where I live and all the way to the lovely man I'm soon to marry.

On this day today lies where I tie my heart to the one man I can see myself with forever. The man I've longed for the type of commitment and strength in.

Something I can't believe.

Something so drastic.

And as I sit in the dressing room my mind seamlessly wonders to the first man I've ever loved. My father. The thought of him not being able to be here today ways on my heart like a ton of bricks. I always thought he would walk me down the aisle and hand me over to the person he saw that he could trust with his little girl.

I may not have him today but I can surely feel him. I can feel his hand resting on my shoulder as he stood behind me watching his baby grow up into a lovely and powerful young woman from the full body mirror I stood in front of.

So I held my head high just for him.

I was nervous and I couldn't tell you why— well not exactly. I could give you many reasons. Those being the many people gathered here today. I wanted a big wedding but I didn't know it's be this big.

My nerves rode up high and the dress clung to my body like a masterpiece. My hair was in a long wavy ponytail at the top of my head and my makeup was done to a T. Only thing left is to tie my heart to the man outside.

"Hey babes, you okay." Mary came by my side grasping my hands that I didn't know were shaking uncontrollably. "Dios Mio, you're shaking."

"I-I'm okay," I reassured.

"I know." She smiled up at me. "You're just nervous that's all. But I can assure you when you walk out those doors the world will disappear and his eyes will be the only thing you see."

"Really?"

"Of course. You know I'm so proud of him for settling down with a beautiful young and intelligent woman. You keep him right and now he lives his best to impress you and love you. I want you to enjoy every moment because time is limited. Enjoy the little things more than the big because it's the little things that'll make it all seem worth it."

My eyes began to water and with a small chuckle, I tried to blink them away. "Thank you, Mary."

"No thank you. Thank you for being with me now and when I and my family needed you most."

She pulled me into a hard and tight hug, but the only thing I could feel was the love she radiated. Not many women could have been through what she had and that's what makes her strong.

"Okay, sorry to cancel this love feast but she's almost up." Amari came sticking her head in enforcing us of the time. "THE QUEEN HAS TO BE CROWNED!" She yelled as she walked back out.