Chapter 16

||Y'all I'm sad. Because I finished watching hunter x hunter. (if you watch it you understand my pain😩😭)||

It was Nightwing. The car came to an immediate halt. "Hey guys, we need you at the Wayside Building." He instructed. "What? Why?" Tim looked up. "No time just go! B is waiting."

And with that he continued leaping amongst all the cars. "You heard him." Jason pulled over, into an alley. "This will be a good spot. Cmon Replacement, get the suits from the back."

Tim tossed him the outfit. "Hey! How can I help?" I asked, climbing out of the car. "Just sit there and look cute." Jason chuckled, ruffling my hair.

"But!"

"Cmon Mare, you know we'll get grilled by Bruce if we try to take you somewhere dangerous."

Tim put on his mask and so did Jason. "Just don't leave! We'll be right back!"

They kept onto the buildings, leaving me by myself. "UGH! They NEVER let me do anything!"

Like, imagine being part of a superhero family but not getting to do any of the cool stuff. That's why you move to a new place and become your own hero with magic jewels!

I opened the car door and sat back down. Then motioned for Tikki to come out. "Let's watch them on Gotham News."

Pulling out my phone, I began to swipe through the apps. "Here!" I handed Tikki a cookie before taking one for myself."

Looks like they were facing off the Joker. I had a personal hatred from that clown. He took my brothers life! I can't forgive that.

My eyes were fixed onto the screen. A small scream escaped my mouth as I saw Joker pin down Robin. This is not happening! Sure he can get out just fine, but I NEED to be there! No questions asked!

"Tikki?" "If that's what you wish Marinette."

Smiling, I uttered the transformation words.

I swung my yo-yo around to get a feel for it before latching it onto the nearest rooftop. A slight tug caused it to contract, leaving me swinging through the air.

A lot of the civilians noticed me, but probably didn't know who I was.

Almost there

I landed on a large building, surrounded by caution tape and police cars. There were also bystanders trying to see what was inside.

If I try to get in through the front, the policemen won't let me. I need an alternative.
Pondering for a moment, my eye caught the back door.

I walked in, catching sight of the action. "Okay, okay, okay." I took in a deep breath. My Gotham family had never seen me do this before. Even if they don't know it's me, the first impression is important!

Dodging an incoming projectile while walking was easy. The window behind me cracked, and glass just bounced off my spotted suit. Hey indestructible clothing is great! But one, do it now.

Seriously.

To my surprise, Robin was still pinned down! The rest of the family was fighting the goons.

So I still have the element of surprise. That's good.

I strung my yo-yo to a beam on the ceiling and swung above the people, kicking the left side of Joker's head. He groaned, but the sickened grin never left his face.

Ladybug reached to help Robin up, but he knocked her hand away. "I can do it myself thank you very much." "So this is how you thank me for saving your life? I'll keep that in mind." Rolling my eyes, he glared.

"Everything was fine. I don't even know who you are." He crossed his arms. Completely unaware of Joker creeping up from behind.

"I'll tell you who I am." My yo-yo flew pass Robin, pulling the clown into a tightening bind. (HISOKAAAAAAA😭😭)(👁💧👄⭐️👁)
"Someone better than you. That's who." Smirked I pulled Joker down.

His face made contact with the ground, blood started pooling on his lips. All he did was lick it. Making me throw up internally.

"Looks like we're even." Robin kicked a goon coming from behind me. "Nah, that would have just punched me. You would have been killed. Like your brother." I immediately knew that was the wrong thing to say.

A dark look grew in his eyes. "Umm sorry."
He just scowled.

First impression?
Failed.

"Let Joker go. I'll take him." Mask to mask with Batman, I gave him the murderer. "Thanks for helping, but who are you?" Batman asked me.

I never knew my father could be this intimidating! "Uhh, well, look at the time!!" Flicking my wrist to my invisible watch and cringing inside, I ran out. "See ya around! Bug out!"

Quickly jumping back to the car, I got back into the car, panting and suit off. Like this never happened. 5 minutes later, the 2 brothers came back with the rest of my family. "Hey guys! Are you all okay? What happened?" I questioned, trying to sounds cheerful while giving them a hug.

Damian accepted my hug, along with everyone else. "We have some research to do when we get home Mare." "Can I help? I watched the news! That red person seemed new. Can I meet her?"

I already knew the answer.

"We don't know her sweetheart, hopefully we will soon." Bruce kissed my forehead and climbed into the car.

"I still have to go back to the station. See you guys later!" Dicker waved, leaving.

*time skip*

"Did you find anything?" Tim rolled over on his chair to me.

I have 5 seconds to decide. Do I tell him I know her from Paris or do I tell him she is a mystery?

||Bai guys but remember! Bungee gum possesses both properties of rubber and gum!!!||