Chapter 18

"Look Jon I can explain. Come in and be quiet."

He reluctantly closed the door, sitting down on my bed. "Where did that thing come from?" He questioned. "Look I know you have a lot of questions, but first you can not tell ANYONE about this." Taking his hand into mines I spoke again, "Nobody can know, not my family, not the justice league, not the world. Please."

"But your dad!" Jon started. "Doesn't need to know. NO ONE can, Okay?"

Pulling out my secret weapon, he gave in. "Why do you always do the eyes?" Jon complained, flopping onto my bed. Chuckling, I let him ask questions.

"What was that?"

"It was the horse miraculous. Kalkki has the power of teleportation. I have Tikki, the power of creation." At the mention of her name, Tikki came out and rested on his stomach. He eyed the creature weirdly. "That's a kwamii, they're kinda like little pixies who power the jewel."

"That's crazy!" He exclaimed, poking Tikki. "Pleased to meet you, but please stop stabbing me with your finger."

"Oh sorry!" Jon turned back to me. "I still can't believe you're some kind of magic girl." "You have actual superpowers, so who's actually magic huh?"

He rolled his eyes. "My powers just come from the kwamii and the jewel. That's it."

"But Bruce won't even let you go on patrol. How will he ever allow this?"

"Just as long as no one find out. Right?" I raised an eyebrow, trying to get one more conformation out of him. "Fine." "Good, now Damian is probably waiting for me to crush him at video games. Let's go."

I grabbed his hand and pulled him down the stairs. "Tt, took you long enough," Damian complained, tossing me a controller. "It won't take me long to slaughter you!"

My fingers found a comfortable position that gave access to all the controls. Jon slung an arm around my shoulders. Damian's eyes were too focused on the screen to care.

Unfortunately, he saw that I was cuddling up against his friend. Damian extended both arms out to pull me away from said friend. Jon pouted a little bit, but didn't want to anger the ex-assassin. (We all know he got a secret stash of kyrptonite somewhere.)

I gave my controller to Jon even though the victor was me. The countdown ended and the game commenced. "NO DON'T DO THAT COMBINATION!" I screamed at Damian, my fingers itching for the knobs. "Shut up!" He retaliated, trying to use his forearm to silence me, while still focusing on the game.

"Ew! You taste salty!"

*Time Skip*

The next day we were scheduled to go to Wayne industries. I was actually pretty excited since I get to say 'Hi' to some of the employees.

This time however, Dick dropped me off at the hotel with my classmates before taking Damian to class.

"Hey Marinette where were you?" Adrien greeted me with his boyish grin. The grin that had me a blushing mess. Pathetic really.

Before I could say anything, Lila caught sight of our interaction. The brunettte latched herself onto Adrien's arm, giggling and touching his face.

"Seems like you guys are busy. I'll be over there."

Blondie tried to say something was he was too busy dodging incoming kisses. "Marinette! Did you hear? Lila is going to design for Gabriel Agreste!" Alya cheered.

"Why would I care?" "Cmon Mari! You're my BFF, and I'm Lila's BFF so you should care!" "You literally bully me! How are bffs?" I shot my arms up in exasperation. "How could you say that?! Lila was always right about you. I don't know why I don't listen." She huffed, marching away.

If I had a dollar for every time something stupid came out of her mouth, I could BUY the Agreste brand! Though my dad could already do that.

Doodling in my sketchbook for Jon, the bus pulled up letting us all file in. Off to Wayne industries, where my dad works and a place I know like the back of my hand! Yay.

"Will you get me an interview with Mr. Wayne? You're dating his son, and if he thinks of you like a daughter it shouldn't be a problem! Right?" Alya asked for like the millionth time this trip. I could tell Lila was getting annoyed. "Alya! You know he's busy." She told the eager journalist. "But this could be my big break! At least get me one with Damian Wayne! Your boyfriend will always have time for you right?" "We'll ummm see."

The bus arrived which saved Lila.

"Hello! We're here for our scheduled tour?" Miss Bustier told the front desk woman. Her name was Claire. Claire has worked here for a long time. She counted the heads, waved to me, and looked at her screen. I, of course, waved back.

"Right this way! I'll be giving you the tour so follow me!" Claire directed us to the elevators.

We walked around the familiar building, well at least familiar to me. Alya had her phone out, documenting everything while I trailed behind the group.

Then someone was walking towards us. In the distance it was a person in black. Being so far back, my eyes couldn't catch who it was, until he got closer.

Dad?

"You must be Marinette's class." Dad looked upon the many kids who were tinier than him. "BRUCE WAYNE?!" The reporter immediately turned the camera to him. Firing questions after questions.

Lila was nervously shooting glared to Alya, as if to tell her not to say anything. Of course she didn't even know, so Lila's attempts were useless.

"I'm BEST friends with your daughter!" She jumped up and down before remembering that the camera would shake. "You're friends with Marinette?" He raised and eyebrow, now it was my turn to shoot pointless warning glares.

"I'm not exactly friends with Marinette, she's kind of a bitch." Alya deadpanned. His eyes widened, but didn't say anything, hoping for an explanation. "I gotta edit that sort out" she mumbled, but loud enough for my dad to hear.

"I'm talking about Lila! Lila Rossi?" I guess it's soon to be Wayne?" Alya wiggled her eyebrows. "You don't know how lucky Damian is to get a girlfriend like Lila! She does so much charity work and she is super nice to everyone!" Rose giggled.

"I see." His eyes drew to me as if silently saying explain. My hand was sliding in front of my neck. Bruce sighed and looked at the class. "I'd advise you to look into your sources."

That was all he said before leaving.

I got out of that talk with Jason, but it'll be a different story with dad.

I'm screwed.

No one's POV

When I got back the boys, or 3 of them were talking about something.

"Am I your favorite?" Dick wrapped his arms around the petite girl, setting all his weight onto her. "No way! I'm Pixie's favorite so you all can suck it!" Jason cried, overhearing the conversation. "No way, you are all incompetent. Ukht clearly loves me more,"Damian argued. "No one likes you Demon Spawn." Jason rolled his eyes.

Mari got out of there as fast as possible. "I need coffee, She grumbled, trudging to the kitchen. Not all the habits she picked up from her brother were healthy. Actually, Bruce was hoping his precious daughter wouldn't end up a coffee addict like Tim but hey what can you do?

"Are they arguing about who you prefer again Miss Marinette?" Alfred hummed, brewing the life blood that 2 Wayne children lived off of. "Yeah, She sighed, "You're my favorite though."  "Glad to hear that Miss."

She giggled as a big cup was placed in front of her. "Thank you!" She downed almost half of the cup in 5 seconds.

The main doors opened, and I guessed it was probably Bruce.

My cup was now only 1/4 full, so I grabbed the coffee maker with the rest of the amazing liquid still inside. "Bye!"

I ran up the stairs, trying to avoid Bruce for as long as possible.