Chapter 23

A person peeped into my personal space. I could feel the heat of someone next to me. "Marinette?"

Looking up, there was a head of blue within my sight. "Luka?" My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and seeing his face through dark dewy lashes.

"What are you doing here behind a...trash can?" He looked around at the area, nose crinkling in disgust. There were flies that I've never noticed and a smashed soda can by our feet.

"Umm, it's a long story." I chuckled, trying to get up. When Luka offered his hand to me, I grabbed it, hoisting myself up from this dirty but somewhat comfortable garbage bag. It's like a beanbag, just...very gross

"You've had better days." He said, looking me over while leading us out of the alleyway.

"Tell me about it."

Brushing my finger under my eye, it became stained with what I hope was mascara.

As we walked by many stores, there were people staring, either judging me or gawking over Luka. I had to admit, since we dated, he's definitely taken more time into his appearance. The blue hair hasn't changed, but his jaw was chiseled to perfection and the usual Jagged Stone shirt and loose jacket, he now wore a graphic tee and denim jacket.

"Where are we going?" I questioned, burying my head into the jacket. Not caring about staining it with water or runny makeup.

"Ummm the hotel I'm staying at." Luka answered, pulling me closer.

Sighing, I did my best to enjoy this moment as it was. No Lila, no Adrien, no one at all except Luka and I. His fresh vanilla scent relaxed me, as my feet moved on their own accord.

"We're here." He whispered. I glanced up, and sure enough there was the hotel Luka promised. "This is really fancy."

"I'm sure you're used to it Miss Wayne." Luka said, not in a rude way but it still made shivers run up and down my spine.

"Where's your room?" "Almost there." Luka stated, taking off his jacket and hanging it around my shoulders, probably noticing how cold this elevator was.

We walked down a hallway, and with a beep, his room door opened. I looked around, observing the room. The entrance was placed in front of a seating area and behind that was a small kitchen. If you continue walking, there's a sliding door that sectioned off the king size bed and bathrooms.

"This is actually really nice!" I stared at Luka in awe.

"Thanks I guess." He took the jacket off of me and hung it on a chair. "You can take a shower in the bathroom, I'll see if I have anything that'll fit you."

I nodded, walking towards the restroom.

Quickly, staring at my reflection, I noticed how out of place my hair was and the runny makeup that was supposed to make me look better, but it wasn't doing that great of a job.

With a wet rag that was hanging on the shelf, I rubbed it off.

*****

"Thanks again." I smiled, holding a cup of hot chocolate in my hands. Luka's t-shirt could be like a short dress on me, but he gave me some of his sweatpants, which we had to tie a small knot at the end with a rubber band in order for it to actually fit.

"No problem."

After that, it was just silence and awkwardness. This is the absolute worst. Ever since our breakup, we never kept in touch or reached out to each other so I'm sure there were a lot of questions he wanted to ask.

"So-," Both of us started, catching the other off guard. "Umm you go." He urged.

With a tight smile I started, "So what are you doing here?"

||I just posted a new one shot story that is surrounding the miraculous love square so please go read that if you're not busy! Leave a vote and comment if you'd like! It's very much appreciated!||

THANK YOU!